Maya's POV

I began my usual walk to the Matthews' apartment. The family was like my surrogate family and although I know everything about them, they didn't know everything about me.

        "My name is Maya Hart. I am in seventh grade and I love art, singing, and acting. My best friend is Riley Matthews and the smartest guy that I know is my friend, Farkle Minkus. My other friends are Isadora Smakle, the female version of Farkle, and Zay Babineaux and Lucas Friar. My favorite food in the world is blood. That's right, you all heard correctly, I like blood. Why, you may ask. Well I ain't gonna tell you. Just kidding, I'm a vampire, and therefore I'm really fast, and despite what everyone says about vampires, I don't have any problems with garlic, pumpkins or anything of that sort. I have other powers unique to me as well, but I'll tell you about them later. Fortunately, none of my friends knew I was a vampire, or I would be friendless for sure. 

        I arrived at the Mathews' residents. 

        "Maya", I said.

        "Come on up." Riley said. 

       "Wassup, Matthews!" I say when I walk in the door.

      "Hey Maya," says Topanga Matthews. "Breakfast?"

      "No thanks, Mrs. Matthews." I respond.

      "Oh, but I wasn't asking." said Topanga. I sighed and sat down at the table. I always feel uncomfortable sitting with them at the table because I can smell scent of their blood and it makes me hungry. To cover it up however, I just stick my nose in the food. They don't realize why I do it and I hope that they never find out.

        Half an hour later Riley and I are on the subway heading to school. School is fun. I like to pretend like I am not listening and the best part is, is that it annoys all my teachers, especially my history teacher. 

       We get to the school, and as soon as I enter, I know that the other members of group are already here.