Maya's POV

As soon as Riley and I entered the school, we went to our usual hang out spot. It also happens to be where our locker is. When we get there, Lucas and Farkle are already there.

       "What's up, ladies!" Lucas says. I smile back while Riley giggles.
       As I mentioned earlier, I love going to school, but at the same time, I also hate it. The smell of blood is multiplied by 10 the minute I reach campus. Now imagine actually being inside the building, the smell is multiplied by 20. My least favorite class as a result, is PE. I like art, however, because the smell of paint and oil pastels and crayon covers the scent up.

         The bell rings and we all file into Cory Matthews classroom. I take my seat at the front of the class with Riley to my right, Farkle diagonally across, Lucas right behind me, and Zay behind him. Smackle doesn't go to school with us, one less person for me to worry about. When the second bell rings, Mr. Matthews enters the classroom and begins to lecture us on today's lesson, and I automatically begin doodling in my notebook. Like usual nobody thinks I am paying attention, but I am. Today's lesson was about the Salem Witch Trials, an event my family remembers. As a result of those events, we have to hide in plain sight in order to not draw attention ourselves. However, the thing with it being called the Salem Witch Trials is the fact that what they believed to be characteristics of witchcraft were in fact traits of the vampires. You see we have special powers that are allotted to us in order protect us and our kind. These special powers, however, do not mean invincible. Therefore, when the authorities were rounding up or accusing their neighbors as being "witches", while they were not always correct, there were some instances in which they were. During this time, there was an agreement that if any of us were to get caught, in order to not raise suspicion and hostility, we would not use our powers to fight them. This was due to the fact that while we had powers, our community was in the minority. We didn't correct them, nothing, and eventually the fear and suspicion died down, but it was still there with several people writing different pieces on what the expected our community to act, like, and dislike. Ugh, I hate those stories. But anyway, back to class. He continued to drone on with the facts and incomplete truth about the Salem Witch Trials, but hey, I am not going to correct him. I have my community to protect. I wonder if there is any foreshadowing in this. Especially considering, half the time, his classes pertained to our lives and what is going on in them. Is my secret going to come out? Soon enough, the bell rang and I packed up my bag and exited the class with my friends. Time to face the rest of the day. Yay!

Hey guys, 

Here is the second chapter. So quick question, who should be Maya's love interest? Joshaya, Lucaya, or someone else. 

Thanks!

~Samantha9252