Wearing a mask

Hello, my name is Nicholas. To introduce myself, I am a boy that struggles with depression, and has gone through self harm. Yes, I am a boy that hurts on the inside, and hurts himself. As the title says, boys break too... That is no secret.

I will tell you now, my opinion will be stated about certain things through my main character in the story. If you don't like it, simply stop reading. All I ask is that you DO NOT, judge me or anyone who reads, comments, or likes my story. My story for many will hit home. Me writing this story is also difficult for me. However, I came to realize that it was time for me to speak out. My story will be told in the perspective of my main character as well.

So without further delay, I hope you enjoy my story. Thank you for reading.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

My name is Eliot, I am 16 years old and a sophomore at Jefferson High School. I seem like one of those happy, go lucky guys....but in reality I'm not. Through the majority of my life I have been battling severe disorders including, Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, and Mania. Many people don't take these things seriously, but they should. It's hard to live a happy life, then one day it all starts fading away until all happiness is out of site. It's hard because I used to know happiness and now, it's not the same.
  However, you came to read this story about my life, correct? Well then here it goes.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Today I woke up to go to school. I got up grabbed my black jeans, and the first shirt I could find. I took a quick shower then hopped out, dried my hair, got dressed, then ate breakfast.
  I walked out of my room and smelled my mom burning the food. I role my eyes and chuckle. The poor lady never really knew how to cook.
"Mom, do you need help? Haha" she groaned and nodded her head wearily.
"Yes, God I wanted to at least cook these right."  I smile then kiss the top of her head, gave her a hug then started washing the dishes that she used trying to make pancakes.
"It's okay Mom I know you were trying." I smile and take the dishes to the sink. After washing the dishes I look at her. She smiles at me.
"God how did you get to be so grown up?" She looks at me up and down. "And so tall? I remember when you used to be shorter than me, now you are a giant." I role my eyes and chuckle.
"That was 5 years ago Mom." She smiles then pushes me towards the door.
"Well it's true. You better hurry though, you will be late to school." As she pushes me out of the door I grab my backpack and and apple then walk out of the door.
"You may be small but dang you are strong." I laugh then walk out to my old 2001 Ford pickup.
"I love you Mom, I'll be home soon okay?" She nods and waves as I get in my car and pull out of the driveway. It takes me an hour to get into town to get to school, I live on a small little ranch on the outskirts of town.
  I drive into the parking lot then get out of my car walking into school. I have 20 minutes till school starts. When I get here this early I normally just wait in my first period class but I decided to stay in the cafeteria this time. As I walk into the cafeteria two Seniors walk by and push me.
"What's up Eliot? Anymore new scars on you" I look down pushing them off me.
"Get off me and leave me alone, I have nothing for you." One grabs me slamming me on the wall while the other hits me. I suck it up and take it. When the boy lets go, I fall to the floor coughing catching my breath. Hayden, the boy that slammed me on the wall kicked my side while I was down. I fell and groaned in pain. The other boy, Samuel watched and laughed then they both walked away, finding humor in my pain. I got up shaking and limped into the cafeteria sitting at the first table I could get to.
   "Shit." I sit down and hold my sides. I never really knew why they hated me, but they did so they beat me up for it. God I just want the day to be over.....