Prologue

There Rios mum stood. Screaming and yelling at him like he was in a different realm, which he was, he couldn't tell you two words she had said since he got out of bed. She's been doing that a lot lately. Every since his dad left. She says its his fault. But he knows it wasn't his. He's not one of the people that blame themselves for things like this. He knew he wasn't to blame. Nor was his mum or dad.

Dad had had enough. He had stormed out on them about three months ago for the third time this year. Mum and him had been having arguments about anything and everything and quite frankly, Rio was sick of it. Of course he misses his dad, but his mum had to straighten her head. However, because his mum doesn't have his dad to pick on anymore guess who's turn it is? That would be Rio himself.

"Rio! Did you hear what I just said!?" She sternly asked as she stood next to the couch, looking down on him from above.

"No." He replied, not thinking anyone could sound or feel more bored he got up and walked to the kitchen.

"And where do you think you're going!?" He screeched.

"Out." He said, while putting his jacket on and leaving through the back door. Hearing his mum bellow after him as he strolled along the gap between the two houses and out the front, turning left and slowly walking, not daring to look back...

To be continued...