The Journey

Stephanie Downs is just like any other average teenage girl. However, her looks, better than average.

This is the age in time where "soul mates" are literally chosen before you're even born. Everyone is born with a necklace, with half of a unique shape on it. This necklace is given to each child on their sixteenth birthday, it is held at the hospital of which they are born until that day.

No one knows why this happens, but it seems to make everyone live like a utopia.

The closer you get to your soulmate, the warmer, and more bright your necklace becomes. Once united with your predestined love, the necklaces become one and are worn while "baby making", to ensure the child is born with their own necklace.

This way of life happened to eliminate wasting time, to ensure everyone ends up happy and to give young people hope.

The catches: You have to journey to find your match. You may not be with anyone but your match. Once you have been united, there is no divorce.

Like anything in life, some go along and some protest.

Stephanie Downs grew up being taught to love it, but as she reaches the age of being given the necklace she is unsure of how much she loves the idea of a predestined love.