Smoke

A week later...

   I wake up to a scraping at my metal door, I think to my self "I'm going to put that dog down if it doesn't stop this bull crap." 

I open my door, to see a dark colored dog sitting there panting and wining. I begin to bend down to see whats wrong. She has been burned, "the smoke must have done it." I think to my self I walk over to my med bag and pull out a bottle of burn ointment and rub it on the dogs wounds. 

After the wound is treated I grab her a small amount of elk meat. The dog begins to eat the meat and lays on the small bed of animal furs I made her.

Then the alarms go off. I begin to try and seal my vents but they wont close. So I begin to duct tape all of them shut.

Thud thud thud, I hear Brooklyn quietly saying "open the door, open the door". Then a she began to bang on the door. I begin to unseal the locks to let her in.

I finally got the door open and let her in. I begin to shout "What on earth were you doing out there!?"

She yells back with fear in her eyes, "Raiders!" that one word makes my heart sink.

Then we here a buzzing and then the power in the pod goes out. The smoke begins to seep into the room. I yell "Back grab the gas masks and the hunting jackets!"

She trows me a gas mask and one of the three hunting jackets I made. She takes the one with Brooklyn stitched in, in purple.

She takes one look at the dog and breaks out into tears we had left it in the smoke its chard corpse lay there moving only so slightly and whimpering. "I have to end it's suffering Brook sorry." 

The look the dog gives me is a mix of I don't want to die and just end my suffering.

I grasp my knife with two hands and quickly stab trough the head ending the poor thing's life.