Author's Notes

Hi everyone.

As you can see, this is my first contribution to WattPad. Since WattPad is all awesome and that, I decided that it would be the best medium to get my story out there.

This year, I had completed the plans for the third version of Firewall as a TV show. I had planned all the major plot twists that would appear in the show, and had worked out that I want Firewall to have five seasons of 13 episodes each. I have completed a pitch and am starting on a "animated storyboard" to demonstrate the feel and look of the show to go along with the pitch. I don't know when that will be finished, but I'll attach that to this when it is.

Anyway, I'll get to the point of why I decided to publish the story of the pilot episode of Firewall onto WattPad:

As you may have noticed, Firewall is based in LA. Now, because I actually live in Australia, it would be really weird if I brought this forward to an Australian channel, because then there's a possibility that Firewall is an Australian show based in LA. Because WattPad is so well known all around the world, I thought the best thing to do under my circumstances is: advertise the idea on here, get a word-of-mouth sort of thing going, and hopefully, a higher-up from a channel or studio will catch wind of this (hopefully) great story idea on WattPad, take a look at it, (hopefully) be impressed, and contact me.

It is my life goal to have TV shows with "Created by: Joel Silalahi" in the credits and it is my hope that by publishing this on WattPad, I'd be able to get closer to achieving that goal.

"FIREWALL: Playing With Fire" is a piece that I'd like to call "cooked writing". "Cooked writing" is just a fancy name I made that means that it had been read through and edited. "Raw writing" is when I publish pieces that are basically in their draft stage, which allows me to make ammends, add and take away scenes and parts to a story if I seem like it's necessary. I am planning on writing a couple of "raw" pieces on WattPad in the future.

Thank you for taking your time reading my story, and reading this. Why don't you guys tell me which celebrity do you picture when you're reading about the characters, because I've drawn the characters through the manga phase of the story, I cannot picture the characters looking like anything else than those pictures. I need fresh eyes. Please vote and comment to spread the word and I'll see you guys in my next piece.

Joel "KidW25" Silalahi