2030 Approx: April 7th~ New Moon

I sat at my kitchen table. Downing my cereal. Knowing I only have 5 minutes before I have to leave for school. I shove spoonful and spoonful into my mouth until only milk is left. I shiver and then whisper to myself "Milk is nasty." I sat up and walked to my kitchen sink and dumped the milk down the drain. I heard a swish and then I heard it drain. 

   I walked over to my backpack and picked it up and slung it across my shoulder. There is no such thing as a holiday now. I shrug and then walk out my door.

   "Today we will watch the news for the first 30 minutes of class. Then you can all study for your test on monday. Happy Friday class!" My teacher said and then she clicked on the news. The first headline was about the weather. Its supposed to rain tomorrow. At least 3 feet of water. I sighed "Ellie shut up!" Anna whispered in my ear. Probably because she did not want attention towards us cause she was on her phone. She sits to my left. And the seat to my right is empty. I sigh again and continue to watch the news. The next headline was "Earth Quake in California. Estimated over 20,000 dead" Anna looked up just as the classroom door opened and a guy walked in. "Sorry i'm late. Im new to this school and got a little lost." The new kid rubbed at the back of his head and looked around. His face was flushed. His shaggy,curly sandy black hair looked great on him. Looks like he never dyed it. And that its natural. "Sit right next to miss Ellie, Kanin. She doesn't bite." The teacher smiled and nodded at me. Silently telling me to be nice or else. 

  He shuffled across the classroom and then sat down next to me. He flipped his lushy hair back out of his face and then started to watch the news with everyone else. I could hear the girls behind me. The slutty girls I should say. "Oh my god. He is so cute I would pay him for sex." I heard them whisper. Which means he could hear. "The group Isis has invaded the United States. We believe one of them could be hiding in Eagan, Minnesota." 

"This is stupid." Anna said. I nodded. "I never did understand why the country did not bomb those guys 15 years ago. Would have saved everyone from this. But the president was soft hearted." Kanin mumbled. I looked at him. "Looks like someone does there history homework." I snorted. He chuckled. "Yes. I happen to be in honors history." I rolled my eyes at him. "Teach me Sensei." Then we all started laughing. 

  "Ellie, Kanin, Anna. Please stay behind in class. I need to talk to you guys after." Miss Gertson told us. 

---------------------- Lunch Time -------------------------

I sat down at the table. I totally did have a crush on Kanin. Normally I hated everyone at this school. "That new guys is so smart and HOT!" Anna yelled out. I chuckled. Then I felt a pull behind me. I looked back and seen only a table of people. And then I seen him. Starring right at me. Then he started walking over and sat down at our empty seat. "Mind if I sit here?" he asked. "Go ahead scrub." He sighed. "Whatever you say pleb." 

"STOP EVERYONE! A BOMB IS STRAPPED TO MY CHEST. SET TO GO OFF IN 1 MINUTE." The guy ripped off his shirt to reveal a bomb. Everyone started screaming and panicking. Anna looked at me and started crying. "Come on!" I yelled and grabbed her and kanin by the hands and started dragging them towards the stage. 

  I climbed up the stage within 10 seconds. And then helped Anna up. Kanin got up fine on his own. Then I ran to the stage door and opened it and jumped inside pulling them in as well and started running down the halls. 

  The explosion went off. And it rocked the walls. I flew into Kanin which he held himself upright. And helped me before I could fall on my face. Anna stood fine. "Thanks." I shivered. I looked into his eyes. They were black as night. No color. "Your eyes are purple Ellie." I shut my eyes and turned away. "Its not my fault I was born with this stupid color mutation Kanin!" I yelled at him. "I didn't say it looked bad." He sighed and rubbed the back of his head.