Layla's Secret

~People of the floating island

"Hey Natsu! Where are you going?" Lucy waved over to her friends Natsu and Happy

"We're going on a mission!" He cheered,

"Aye!" cheered Happy. Lucy clapped her hands excitedly, "Ooooo, which one?" Natsu held out the request sheet, she read aloud;

"GHOSTLY PRESENCE! Please help us we have Ghosts! Reward 100,000J." She furrowed her brow.

"Well, they sure don't want to go into detail, look they didn't even put an address!" Natsu snatched the sheet back.

"We chose it cause' it looked the easiest." said Happy proudly.

"Yeah, but it might also be fake!" Happy's expression changed in a blinked of an eye.

"Your mean." and he flew off with a glum look in his face, head drooped.

"Whaaaattt!!" She waved her hands around, "Where did that come from, you stupid cat!"

She went to storm after him but when she did she tripped over something and face planted the floor.

The whole guild burst into laughter.

She lay there for what seemed like a lifetime until Natsu voice spoke up.

"C'mon Lucy!" She looked up to see Natsu holding out his hand towards her.

She grasped and was about to get up when he stopped and just stared at her. She stared back. She studied his tanned face and for the first time after years she had known him, she was slightly attracted to his black eyes and pink spiky hair. She imagined herself running her hands through it.

She blushed a light shade of pink, Natsu seemed to blush in return.

Happy seemed to appeared over Natsu's shoulder, "They liiiiiiiike each other!" he said rolling his tougne.

"Know we don't!" They both shouted.

Natsu instantly let go of her, causing her to fall straight on her butt. She wailed out in pain. Happy and Natsu both stood with bemused faces. She growled angrily at Happy who was trying to stiffer a laugh.

"I'M GOING TO GET YOU CAT!" She jumped up and reached for her keys.

"Open the gate of The Golden...."

"Huuhh hmmm..." Lucy stopped short, turning to look at Master Makarov.

He was sat on the counter of the bar with his arms crossed and eyes closed. She quickly put away her key and walked up to him with Natsu and Happy following behind her.

"Master Makarov, i see your back. How was the meeting with the Magic Council?" asked the cheerful Mirajane. She filled up a big glass of bear and passed it to Makarov.

"Slightly entertaining," he said slightly sarcastically "untill i got this!"

He waved a large stack of papers. Some people moaned,

"Another one?!" someone shouted.

"You guys," he pointed at Lucy, Natsu, Gray and Erza "You guys destroyed another flaming town!" Lucy laughed nervously and glancing at Mirajane uneasily.

"Being honest, It was all flame brains fault." Gray pointed over to Natsu,

"Who are you calling flame brains, ice princess?" There heads clashed together, both staring at each intensely.

Was she only one who could see the weird glow which would always appear around them when they fought?

"You! you retard" Gray growled

"Boys, stop it" Erza was sat at a table eating her favourite cake. She stood up and waltz over, placing her plate on the counter.

"I take full responsibility for the damage we caused" Lucy's mouth gaped open.

"Ok Erza but please keep them in order"

"Yes Master Makarov. If anything happens, i'll deal with them." She glanced at us, eyes darkened.

A strange dark presence entered the room. Chilling her to the bone. Don't look into her eyes!

"Ok bye guys, me and Happy have tooo....go!" Natsu turned and sprinted away with Happy flying off after him.

"Uhh yeah, i have to go aswell. Got to help out at the local..urggh..shop" Gray stuttered and walked off quickly. Juvia stood up, "Juvia will accompany Gray-sama, for protection!" Gray backed away with hands up in surrender.

"I'm fine thanks." He scooted off leaving Juvia looking lost, then the lovestruck face took its toll.

"Juvia will protect Gray-sama!" and with that she was off after him like a rocket.

Lucy turned to look at Erza who was staring at her, edging closer and closer.

"Hah-ha, sorry Erza gotta dash!" She made a run for it but before she could get any further she ran straight into a table, making her stumble and fall onto the floor.