Chapter 9

Hey guys, after a month of no updates, finally a new chapter! I was busy trying to get good grades to pass class (which I didn't achieve, sadly). Anyways, vote, comment, enjoy! c:

Photo: Daniel Howell as Noah.

Song: Sing For Absolution because it's my 3rd favourite Muse song atm. <3

_______________________________________________________________

“Good evening, Paris!” I shout in the microphone that’s standing on the catwalk. I laugh at my own joke and turn around. On the ‘normal stage’ Matt, Dom and Chris are taking place and they start to jam along. Tonight they’ll play a gig here, in the Stade de France, in Paris. They’re going to do a rehearsal now and they took me along with them.

“No backstage for you during rehearsals,” Dom said to me when we entered the stadium.

“How do you mean?” I asked.

“I mean,” Dom answered, “that you can be on stage while we’re practicing a bit for tonight.”

And here I am. When I climbed on stage following Matt, Dom and Chris I immediately walked down the catwalk. I look around the empty stadium. Tonight it will be all filled with people since the concert is sold out. I imagine people standing behind the barriers, screaming their lungs out, trying to see every move I make. Trying to hear every note I play. Matt ensured me that, with my beautiful voice, one day I would also stand here, surrounded by people who want to touch me so desperately, some of them really living to see me. It’s hard to imagine for me, although one day I used to be one of these people. Suddenly I get awakended from my trance by a familiar sound. I turn around to see what happens. They’re playing Sing For Absolution and I’m on the stage. What.  I sit down on the edge of the catwalk and listen.

Lips are turning blue

A kiss that can't renew

I only dream of you

My beautiful

Tiptoe to your room

A starlight in the gloom

I only dream of you

And you never knew

Sing for absolution

I will be singing

And falling from your grace

ooh

There's nowhere left to hide

In no one to confide

The truth burns deep inside

And will never die

Lips are turning blue

A kiss that can't renew

I only dream of you

My beautiful

Sing for absolution

I will be singing

Falling from your grace

Sing for absolution

I will be singing

Falling from your grace, yeah

Our wrongs remain unrectified

And our souls won't be exhumed

“What did you think about it, Aurelia? Still as good as the last time we actually played it?” Matt yells at me through his microphone.

“Yeah, that was years ago,” Chris exclaims.

“It was wonderful guys, it really got me,” I answer as I turn around and remove a tear from my cheek. I still can feel the scar my mom left there.