Chapter 5: A New Beginning

I starting ridding my horses again afew weeks after the benefit. I had 2 horses at the time. Gold for Sara; aka "Half" and Posen Willie aka "Junior". My parents horses. Amber and Willie. Then my bottle feed calves Baldie, Sweet pea, and Braune.

About 5 months of being released from the hospital. I stopped using a wheel chair all together. I would still miss step at times and get tired easily but I was doing better with each passing day!

One of my doctors I had, Dr. Ralph Lilly, gave me and my parents tickets the following year for the HLSR (Houston Livestock & Rodeo) to see Reba McEtire.

Since there is so much walking at the rodeo. My parents op to rent a wheel chair for me that night so I could enjoy the sights!!!!

I went back to work doing other things. I tried my hand at being a sales consultant for a funeral home. Work at a gas station.

Then I worked at Burger King for a little over a year. That's when I met my husband. It was the spring of 1998. I really fell head over heels in love with that man.

He is 9 years and 9 months older than me. But whose counting!!

I found out I was pregnant around January 1999. He wanted to get married as soon as I told him, but I wanted to wait. We had talked about getting married before but I didn't want to give the wrong impression why we got married.