Part 1

There once was a girl named Irene MacMourough. She was the proud owner of a beautiful red dragon name Brisingr, or Brizzy for short. Irene and Brizzy lived in Scotland, yet never stayed in one spot. Everyday was a new adventure for the two. They did everything together.

Very early one morning, before they woke up, a dragon slayer found the big, terrifying beast and vowed to kill her. He drew his sword, and charged the sleeping dragon.

"Wake up, fowl beast, for I shall slay you!" Irene, who had been sleeping under Brizzy's wing, woke up and saw the slayer. She leapt out from under the giant wing.

"Who do you think you are, threatening my friend?" She demanded.

"Sir Ronald Murphy. I am here to slay your dragon, so step aside, for I will not hurt you since you are a woman!"

Irene drew her own sword. "Do not touch my dragon. She is my family, and I will protect her until the day I die!"

"Very well then. If that is the case, then that will be today." And they fought.

It didn't last very long though, since Irene was a better sword fighter than Sir Murphy was.

She took one last swing and sent his sword flying through the air. It landed deep in the ground, yards away from them.

"I will only let you go if I may have your sword." She pointed her sword at his chest, scaring him.

"C-certainly m-m'lady." Irene put her sword back on her side and the slayer ran away, vowing to never slay another one of the beautiful creatures again.

She went back over to Brizzy, and Brizzy's wing moved so Irene could crawl under so they could both get some more sleep before their next adventure.