Chapter Número Uno

It all started with a stupid message in the middle of the night...
It was around 2 am in the morning and you were still up, sitting on your bed, your laptop on your legs and watching YouTube videos of him.

Kian Lawley.

You were thinking about him 24/7. He was cute, tall, funny and had those soft brown eyes. He was crazy but just in the right way. And his smile - it made your heart warm up ever time you saw it. One could say you had a crush on him but that was not true. It wasn't just a simple crush like every other teenage girl had on some kind of celebrity or hot guy at the school. You were head over heels in love with that guy. You loved everything about him. And that was exactly the reason why your friends made fun of you all the time.
You just couldn't stop thinking about him, doodling his name on your papers every time you were bored in class. You've watched all of his videos and that about hundreds of times, you never got sick of them. Your friends couldn't just not notice that. They teased you because of it and you could just roll your eyes at them. As if they wouldn't get heart eyes when they saw a goodlooking, hot guy - of course in your situation it was something different than just that. And as if you didn't know yourself that even though you lived in the same state and city as him, you would probably never meet him. Even if you did, you were pretty sure you would just be another fangirl for him and you wouldn't have the slightest chance.
But what could you do? You were a 17 years old teenage girl and your little heart's only task was to fall for a guy you could never have. And that's exactly what it had done.

You sighed a little, adjusted your pillows behind your back and clicked on the next video. It was your most favorite one: "Strange But Attractive Things Girls Do."
Kian was so cute in it and you could watch it over and over again. Also you did almost every single one of the things he talked about which made you feel like he was talking about you - which he wasn't, but who cares? Dreaming never hurt anyone, did it? Anyway, you started watching the video, it made you smile and feel butterflies flying around in your stomach, as always.
Suddenly an idea popped up in your head that was kinda crazy and stupid, but you thought to yourself, What do I have to lose? He's probably not even gonna see it...
So you took your phone, unlocked the display and went onto your Instragram. You tapped the sign for Direct Message and then quickly found the account you were looking for, @kianlawley. You took a deep breath and then started typing.

@(y/i/a): 'Hi, so I was wondering...what is the biggest age gap you would tolerate between you and a girl?'

You hesitated a little but then you sent the message.
If your friends would know about this they would start laughing at you but you didn't care, "Giving it a shot doesn't kill anyone...", you mumbled to yourself as you put your phone aside, after taking a quick look at the time.
You groaned a little, it was 2:30 am. You didn't have to go to school as though tomorrow - well actually today- was Saturday but you had to be up in 6 hours to have breakfast with your parents. Normally they weren't home that often, they were always on business trips or meetings for their company, so you were on your own for most of the week. But if they were home on the weekend they insisted on having a family breakfast. Which just so happened to be this weekend.
Your mom always told you that you could go back to sleep after you had eaten but you knew exactly that that wasn't possible anymore once you were really awake...

You decided that you still weren't tired enough to fall asleep so you kept watching videos, smiling and quietly laughing so you wouldn't wake your parents.

At about 3 o'clock you finally shut off your laptop and put it aside, laying down and grabbing for your phone instead to check all your social media one last time before you went to sleep.
You scrolled through your twitter feed and suddenly your notifications showed that you had a message on Instagram.
You opened the app and went to direct message, freezing immediately as you saw who sent you a message.

There it was. Black on white. Only one word. But it was enough to make your heart go crazy.
Staring at your phone display with wide eyes you read:

@kianlawley: 'Depends.'

***
To be continued...