Chapter One

The nightmare startled me away. I believe that was part of the end of my memory of the event. After that I was so dazed from blood and energy loss that I passed out. I only can recall a face, a very handsome face.

Emerald green eyes that are like the new leaves of spring. Strong jaw with the tiniest of stubble on it, might as well be counted as well groomed since it was during a war. He was around my age, well, the age of my creation, seventeen. Finally pale golden hair, like captured moonlight, cut close to his skull. He had a faint scar down the right side of his jawline. I think of my mystery man often, he must have helped me in someway, because his eyes in the image were concerned, his arms were carrying me, holding me, like I might brake. The problem is that he was defidently human, I could smell his blood are much as he could feel the iron strong skin as he carried me away. I remember that one moment, it is seared into my brain, even if I want to forget, I never would be able to. When I don't have nightmares of that night, I dream of W. It was all I could see of his name tag on his rebel uniform. It could be any number of names. Will, Wilbur, Wilson,Wesley....

I have a name to this man. I call him my angel since God sent him to protect me.

Well, now is the time I get ready for the day. Or, to be more accurate, the night. Vampires don't turn to ash in the sunlight, we burn, not to ashes, just like sticking your hand on a hot stove top. Moonlight is safe for us since its diluted light and artificial lighting is amazing since its like our sunshine. it feels warm and after a while will burn, but that only makes us look more human.

I sit up an stretched and walked to my shower, vampires get dirty too. I clean up and dry off. I grab my rebels uniform and tried my best to avoid th mirror. I fail. I see a seventeen year old girl with raven hair braided down her back and neon blue eyes lined by dark lashes. She has the body figure of a model all bend and curve with full lips and straight nose. The right side of her face could be one of a fallen angel, which might as well be what I am. The left is marred by a scar starting at the beginning of the eyesocket and runs down my cheek to my jawline. The scar deep and angry looking ruins the fallen angel persona.

The rebel uniform is of a stiff canvas material with camo patterns on it, military grade. Why in camo I don't know, we could find and kill them just as easily blindfolded. They're scent is so strong, and they make more noise that a freight train.

The reason I'm wearing they're uniform, the uniform of the enemy is so I can hide in plain sight. I stay in one small town unit to the next, no more than a few years at a time. If I wait too long, they'll figure it out, if I wait not long enough, the same.

In my good fortune, there are a lot of small town units which are overly cocky and idiotic. They refuse to believe that a vampire is right under their noses, show them a few times how your not like a 'leech' as they call us. Your eat human food in front of them, claim to be a vegetarian, go to church frequently, were crosses, never show an interest in blood no matter how good it smells. They overlook the fact that I avoid sunlight, how I'm inhumanly beautiful in they're minds, how I'm faster and stronger, the fact that my skin is of steel and the most obvious, I DON'T age. They even believe my weak stories an explanations. They're only human.

The baggy rebel jacket and pants hide most of my body the hat and braid hide my hair. My scar fully visible. I try to keep a rule that no one touches me. My story is that I was raped by a vampire in my old town, that attack left me this scar, and I would have died if not for my mystery savior, who I never saw. As far as they're concerned, I hide my body as a response of the attack, and I hate vampires so much that I will kill any I see, which is far from often.

I moved to the closest small town that meets the criteria. If by chance there is a vampire captured, I convince them to hold him or her so we can interrogate it. I volunteer to stand guard by myself saying I'll kill the leech before he can get two feet. Sometimes, they put me up alone, others I have a partner. Either way, I say, I walk in to start 'interrogation', and I let him go after soon after I knock myself out and scream awake saying that he ran out the door after he or she tried to kill me. And in the case of the partner, I tell the vampire to knock him out after I scream, then the same thing happens.