Always

You promised me always.

Always you would stay with me. Through anything.

You said you loved me.

But if you loved me why would you leave me? Why would you send me here?

To this place of torture.

It's worse than the thoughts inside my head. It's worse than the terrible things I've imagined.

I feel trapped.

And now I can't run from my thoughts at all.

Now there's nothing to distract me from all the things that my mind has told me to do.

You told me I needed to get help. I wasn't right in the head.

I already knew that. But I was doing just fine. I acted strange, not talking to others much, drawing things most would find sickening. But I loved it.

I saw a certain beauty to the things I thought and drew. I thought differently, but I loved the way the thoughts sounded.

There is really no way to describe insanity. But it seems like torture at first.

But some people accept it.

I accepted it.

I even painted the most beautiful scenes in a crimson red. They were gruesome, yes, but they were stunning.

But you left me. You're gone now.

I painted you such a beautiful scene too. With your head strung up on the wall and your body in a chair below.

But you never spoke to me after that.

Then the police came and brought me here to this awful place to "help" me get better.

But there is no better, that's where I was before. This is only worse.

But you still promised me always.