CHAPTER 4: STORM SIGNAL

JESSICA'S POV

“Jess. Please bring an umbrella today. I heard the reporter say on the news this early morning that there will be a storm that will be arriving anytime soon.” My mom told me while I was eating my breakfast.

“Sure mom.” I chirped.

“How’s school honey? Are there any cute guys? or maybe someone who caught your attention?” My mom asked.

“Nope” I responded while popping the “p”.

 “You sure are not in the mood today. What’s wrong?” My mom gazed at me curiously.

“It’s just that, me and Bryce got into a fight yesterday and you know how much I hate it when he ignores me.” I sighed.

“That okay honey. What was your fight all about anyway?” She asked me with curiosity written all over her face.

Ever since me and Bryce were introduced by our moms, they had been gushing that maybe we’ll get together someday since we’re very cute together.

“Hey! Jessica! Honey! You have to stop zoning out”. My mom snapped.

“I’m sorry. I’m just not in the mood right now. So what were you saying again?” I asked.

“You know how much I hate it when people don’t listen to me but while you were zoning out I was asking what was the fight between you and Bryce all about?” She stated.

“Nothing important. He just got angry when I approached this little kid who was wearing a Justin Bieber shirt.” I replied.

“Honey. You shouldn’t have said that. You know that he likes you and I bet he was jealous when all you can talk to him about is Justin Bieber.” She said.

“Wait a minute. Do you think he likes me?” I asked.

“Yup! I can feel it and if you can only recognize the way he looks at you then you’ll believe me.” She responed.

“Oh well…even though I don’t know what my fault really is I might as well go to him and say sorry. I have to go now mom.  Bye!” I kissed my mom and made my way to the car.

As I turn the radio on, I realized that Next To You was playing and this is probably one of Justin’s songs that I love the most.

“One day when the sky is falling, I’ll be standing right next to you!” I sang and after 15 minutes of driving I arrived in our school and got outside of the car to search for Bryce.

After 10 minutes of searching for him, I spotted him near his locker and approached him.

“Listen. I’m really sorry about what happened yesterday but why did you react that way?” I asked.

No response. I grabbed his arm and made him look at me.

“Why are you being so difficult? Can you just tell me the reason why you’re acting like this and why are you acting very jealous towards Justin all the time?” I shouted.

“He stole the girl I like, okay? I like you Jess. Ever since we were kids, I always had a crush on you and there was also a time where I felt that you had a crush on me too but that crush of yours towards me automatically disappeared when you knew Justin Bieber.” He sighed.

“You like me?” I asked, startled that he just confessed that he likes me.

“You’re so naïve Jess.” He responded.

“I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you, okay? Wanna have a movie night this weekend?” I asked.

“Sure, but you have to promise me that you’ll not bring Justin up randomly while we’re hanging out this weekend, okay?” He said.

“Sure!” I chirped while bidding him farewell and making my way to class.

Author’s Note:

Next chapter will be on Justin’s POV so better watch out for that. I might update again this weekend or this Friday.  Please vote, comment and share.

Xoxo,

Eleonor