Run Ins

(Bae August  in MM)

"Someday I'll find my love, someone to call my own." - Unknown

Omniscient POV

After going over the schedule with Cliff  Blair learned that not only was he here for the shooting of the video but he was also here for a paid appearance at a hair expo. Paul Mitchell was hosting a Hair and Makeup Beauty Expo and wanted Cliff to host a workshop based off of his infamous frontal sew-ins. Cliff used the video shoot and hair expo as his excuse to take a week long vacation. Blair and Cliff were only needed on set the first day of the video shoot and the Hair expo was that same day in the evening. The rest of the week Cliff with the help of Gabrielle had planned for the three to attend some of the hottest clubs and parties in Miami. Once Blair had finished her hygiene routine and her makeup she quickly dressed in the outfit she had pulled out the night before which was a pair of Fashion Nova's high waisted, dark denim ankle skinny jeans, with a white crop top that crossed tied around her stomach. Deciding to wear her hair in a slicked back ponytail with the part in the middle she was finished dressing. Both Cliff and Gabrielle were already in the lobby and waiting on Blair once she stepped off the elevators.

"Girl you gotta be the only hair stylist that wear heels while working." Cliff smirked, referring to the pair of open toe nude strappy heels Blair was rocking.

"Gotta be cute at all times. Plus these shoes are really comfy."

"Girl to each it's on," Cliff said before sliding his shades on.

"At least she'll slay while slaying these video hoes heads." Gabrielle said.

"I'm a need you to be on your best behavior today. Starting with not calling the models hoes." Blair advised her best friend.

"While your going over the ground rules. Let's head out. Our first order of business is a quick meeting with the Paul Mitchell team."

"Let's roll then."

The car ride was not a long one as the GPS lead them through the city to what look to be like a downtown area. After parking in the garage the three walked through the revolving doors at the entrance to the tall skyscraper office building. While Cliff went off to his meeting, Blair and Gabrielle both decided to stay begins in the lobby at wait for Cliff to finish up with his meeting.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom," Blair said to Gabrielle, but her attention was on her cellphone.

"Your gonna stay here or coming with."

"Come with where?" Gabrielle asked.

Clearly she had not heard a word Blair had said.

"I just said I was going to the bathroom. Are you staying out here."

"Coming. Maybe they'll have a cute full length mirror inside." She said as she stood to her feet.

Once Blair located where the bathroom was she lead the way to the corner it was in.

"Bitch I can not wait to put my swim suit on and soak up the sun at the beach!"

"Yes after work is all play. Maybe I'll find me a man out here." Blair said from inside the bathroom stall.

"I keep trying to tell yo ass the single life is the way to live. Relationships don't cause nothing but fucking headaches and stress."

"Says the one who has a whole ass man spoiling her rotten."

"You lose your virginity and you just ready to dive head in to a relationship. Who is this girl and what did you do to my best friend." Gabrielle joked placing her hand on Blair's forehead to make sure she wasn't sick.

"I know I know but I just feel like I'm ready. Life and work is good I'm just lonely."

"Love will come. Just continue to stack and make money the rest will follow hunny. And right now you need to be worried about this video shoot later."

"I still can't believe I'm really gonna be working behind the scenes for a Drake video." Blair responded as she washed her hands.

"Opportunity of a life time bean!"

It took a lot of prying and persuading to get Cliff to spill the beans on who they would be working for at the shoot. His main reason being he didn't want Blair to fold under pressure, but Blair had the very opposite reaction once she found out. She was very excited to show case her talent and refuse to be star stuck and mess up this once in a lifetime opportunity. She honestly couldn't thank Cliff enough for choosing her to share the amazing opportunity with.

"How long did Cliff say this meeting was again?" Gabrielle asked as they walked out of the bathroom.

Blair searched inside of her purse for her cellphone to see if he had called or texted her. Her head down, not really paying attention to where she was going. Her purse fell out of her hands when she was met with a hard chest.

"I-I'm s-sorry," Blair said quickly picking up her purse and the few things that fell out one being her cellphone.

"You aight ma. It's cool."

Blair instantly recognized that voice. It was the same voice she had dropped her panties for three months ago.

"Oh my, won't he do it," Gabrielle said before side stepping the two, to go sit back down in the lobby where the empty seats were.

Finally finding her voice Blair tried to step around him, but was pulled back into him.

Slowly backing her into a wall he leaned down so that his lips were just inches away from her ear and said, "You just gon walk away?"

"I d-don't know what your talking about."

"It's been three months ma. You left dat mornin wit not even a goodbye."

"August please. I saved myself the embarrassment and left before you woke and kicked me out."

"What? Why would I kicked you out? You didn't even leave me a number to hit you up at."

"It was a one night stand. Nothing more!" Blair said before pushing him out of the way.

She quickly walked away trying to get as far away from him as possible. After spotting Gabrielle by the door with Cliff she made her way over to where they were.

"Hey boo. You ready. We gotta head straight to the video shoot."

Blair nodded, turning around only to see August was gone.

*************************************************

• Another update! What you guys think.
• Within the next few chapters things are definitely gonna pick up with the story.
• Leave some comments. Tell me what y'all think of the story so far!!!!!!