Chapter 14

Michael’s POV

We reached the pier ten minutes later and our hopes were almost dashed because of all the buildings, but then we noticed a car parked behind one of them and our spirits lifted. I’d remember that car anywhere. I’ve seen it enough times parked in front of our school. Jayson, you are so dead!

“We’re here, but now what?” Riley whispered.

“We go in and beat the bastard to death.”

“That won’t be necessary.” Jayson came out of the shadows with a sly grin on his face.

“You!” I began charging but stopped short because of the pistol in his hands.

“Seems like I’ve got the upper hand, Michael. I’m amazed you didn’t call the cops. Would’ve been the right thing to do. But then it probably slipped your mind since you were so worried about your sweetheart.”

“If even one mark is on her-”

“Don’t worry, I didn’t touch her…yet.” He gestured for us to come in. “She’s right over there.” I looked in the direction he pointed and saw a fainted figure lying on the floor. “Had to drug her since she wouldn’t keep quiet. Such a bother, that one.” I sprinted to her side. Her arms had rope burns and she felt feverish.

“What did you give her?” I demanded.

“Some cough syrup. No problem, right?” He grinned wildly and gestured at Riley. “Tie him up.” Riley reluctantly bound my arms and then he was tied to the support beam. “Now isn’t this nice. An audience. I was just going to send a DVD recording of this, but seeing it live would probably be better,” he chuckled.

“What are you talking about?”

“Why, I’m talking about your precious woman being taken by a man like me, right before your eyes. I’m dying to see your horrified expressions.”

“You’re gonna die from a broken neck if you don‘t let us go right now.”

“Aw, how adoring! Her prince charming is threatening with empty words. You know, even after I’m done with her you will never be able to touch her again…well, not alive, anyway.” I struggled against the ropes. “That isn’t going to help. Your brother here tied it way too tight. I made sure he did.” Jayson kneeled by Dee’s body and caressed her cheek.

“Get your dirty hands off of her!” I roared.

“You don’t seem to understand the situation, Michael. You’re tied up while I’m up and walking about freely, and as an added bonus, I have a gun. So you yelling and threatening is only getting me riled up to be even rougher with her. So congratulate yourself, you’ve just made it worse for your woman.” Damn it! Dee…

“Oh, such smooth skin, like a baby’s bottom. Her lips are shaped beautifully. Lashes are long and full. Wearing such an appealing outfit will make it even more fun, don’t you think, Dee?” I heard Dee groan groggily and she tried to sit up but her arm couldn’t support her. “No need to get up, love, although it would be more exciting with some resistance so let’s wait a bit. Care for a little chat, Michael…Riley? Oh, almost forgot you there, didn’t I, Riley?” Riley seemed absolutely furious but seemed to be holding it in pretty well.

“You. Person. I have to use the toilet. Let me up,” Riley demanded. Jayson looked bored.

“Do you think I really care for your bladder problems? If you need to take a leak so bad, then just do it. I don’t care about your personal hygiene. Geez, what a buffoon. I’m not an idiot, you know.” Riley cursed silently at his failed plan, which I also thought was pretty stupid but I had to give him props for trying anyway.