Chapter Three: A Surprising Night Visit

Adrien's POV:

After buying three packs of camembert, I transform into Cat Noir.

Today's my turn for night patrol, but judging by today's events, I don't think any new villain is going to pop up. Even if that did happen, I had the energy to take anyone down.

I leap over the buildings of Paris, and nothing seems fishy.

Today was a weird twist of events.

Last week, Plagg had detected a new miraculous holder, which surprised me. My kwami usually doesn't tell me anything, but this had disturbed him. He said something was strange about it. I asked Plagg if he sensed evil, but he shook his head. But then, he should be able to locate where Hawk Moth was, since I was sure that he was a Miraculous Holder too. Plagg said nothing.

And now he isn't telling me anything again.

Mélodie, the name she gave herself, is now on all the headlines. Alya, who filmed the entire event, has swarms of people on her blog.

She had a neat costume on, but I could tell she was inexperienced. Though, it was still impressive to see her crush those duplicates with that flute.

I've been thinking what her power is. Ladybug's is good luck, while mine's bad luck. It came in handy today. Whatever she did, Mélodie was able to charge my power back to full blast. I nearly changed back in the middle of the fight. Alya was there recording, so my identity would have been out in no time. Maybe her power is taking and giver energy? She's shining gold, and was able to give her friends energy. So I decided on étoile. Star.

Then she flew away, which explained her attempted grand entrance. She was in a hurry to leave, as her power was running off. That confused me. If she was able to give others power, then couldn't she give energy to herself? I guess everyone has their limits. Ladybug can only use Lucky Charm once, as it is with me and Cataclysm.

I guess my flirting didn't help either. Mélodie was turning different shades of red, and Ladybug scolded me. Besides doing it for Mélodie's sake, maybe she was jealous.

So, our new ally can fly. I grumble. Everyone else has the cool powers. I'm just bad luck and destruction.

It's getting chilly now, and I catch the sight of the forest. It's naturally beautiful, with a kaleidoscope of autumn colours from the trees. It was dark, but in these situations night vision comes in handy. I decide to go explore.

That new girl today was pretty flustered today, kind of how Marinette used to be. Now that she's our class president, she radiates a more confident aura. It's nice to see the change, and I'm proud of her. Marinette still acts nervously around me, though. I didn't know why. Nino only laughed when I asked him about it. "So dense," he had snorted.

In the beginning, Florence was shaking. I didn't blame her, it was her first day. When Chloe came to annoy her, she easily brushed off her insults. She was calm.

So why did I feel like protecting her?

That triggered emotion was on the same level as I felt for my Lady when she was in danger. However, I never met Florence before.

Getting ignored upset Chloe, which wasn't surprising. She may be a family friend of mine, but she was an attention hog. That moment of pure ignorance toppled her off her imaginary pedestal.

Chloe's next remark got cut off by Marinette. I have to say, I never wanted to be on the receiving line. Marinette looked ready to kill. I admit I was too, but I kept my temper in check.

Until Chloe insulted her.

Then I couldn't take it anymore.

I told Chloe off, and just in time. Miss Bustier walked back into the classroom, while everyone was still gaping at me in shock. Chloe had huffed back to her spot.