Our End

As I stare into his eyes that glisten with the pain I've conflicted unto him, my lips move with their own conviction;
"I'm not asking you to forget us; I'm not even asking you to forget me. What I'm asking of you, James Richard Wilson Jr., is that you find it in your heart to hate me. Hate me with every fiber of your being. That is the only way that'll make this easier for you...
Me?
You don't have to worry about me.
It'll hurt at first but eventually I'll be feeling nothing.
But honestly, nothing hurts more than seeing you like this..."
I reach my hand out and wipe away the stream of tears that's falling down his rose-colored cheeks.
When I look into his eyes, no matter how sad they look, they pull me in.
My first instinct is to kiss him.
'Kiss his pain away' is what my heart is telling me.
I can't today, though.
Or tomorrow.
Or the day after that.
Never again.
So, as our breath visibly mixes together through the harsh winter chill, I have to force myself to pull away from the lips that eventually became an extension of my own.
Instead, I take his left hand and raise it up to my face, kissing the ring that adorned it's ring finger.
Slowly, I slip the ring off of his finger and ask him to hold it as I take off the chain that I've worn forever.
On it is a ring identical to his.
When I ask for the ring back, he asks me what I'm going to do.
I say nothing as I take the ring out of his hand.
I slowly stand up from the grass we've been sitting and look out into the glistening pond that resembles my loved one's eyes.
Without warning, I chuck both rings into the pond, earning a terrified yell from James.
He quickly gets up and runs up to the bank of the lake. Seeing that its winter and near freezing outside, James doesn't dare enter the pond.
Instead, he falls to his knees and begins sobbing violently on the ground.
Yell,
after yell,
after yell,
my heart breaks more and more.
But there's nothing I can do.
Not anymore.
This is for his own good.
In the past, those rings represented our forever.
But today and for the rest of time, they represent our end.

Ahh, finally.
Something NovaHD that I actually like.
I'm excited to write this tbh.
I hope you're excited to read it!
And thanks to the people that gave me their feedback on which story I should've picked.
It really helped me out lol
Perhaps there will be another NovaHD story after this or something
But ANYWHOO
If there's anything you wanna say/suggest, feel free to leave a comment
Okie dokie
Love ya
Bye-Bye
M.R