Chapter 4: Nowell

Before I knew what was happening, I was running. I heard my father call out to me as I rushed out the door and sped further down the corridors but I didn't stop. I didn't feel like he was my real father. I wanted my dream mum and dad. Even if they had been just that. Only a dream.

I kept running until I burst out of two large doors that led out onto a hospital garden. I flopped down onto a bench and began to sob, my shoulders shaking and my hands trembling. My sister that I had only known for twelve minutes (though it felt like a lifetime) was going to die and there was nothing I could do to stop it. This was so.. so... wrong.

I cried for a little while before simply sitting there in a depressed stupour. It was a little while before I even noticed the eyes watching me from inside the bushes, though I should have noticed earlier since they glowed. I stood up and staggered back. Was it people from the hospital come to take me back? Criminals? I scratched this last theory, there were no criminals in this 'perfect' world.

"Who are you?" I asked, managing to keep the fear out of my voice. At my question a group of at least 5 people appeared from the shrubbery, watching me with eyes I now saw were glowing due to the fact that they were all wearing strange, futuristic goggles. A boy at the front who looked to be roughly my age due to his height watched me with a shock I didn't see on the other's faces.

"Stella?" He asked, his voice cracking from emotion at the end. "It's you!" I blinked confusedly.

"I'm sorry but I have no idea who you are."

He removed his goggles and I had to supress a gasp. His shining green eyes, shaggy auburn hair and beauty mark by his left eye told me who he was but my mind was having trouble putting the pieces together. Eventually I spoke.

"Nowell?"
-B