Lost

Lost.
That's what she is.

She always thought she had most things figured out. Things like dealing with people and how it all works. Her friends always came to her for advice, all knowing that she'll give the most realistic and honest reply.

Realistic.
That's what she tried to keep things.

Her mind is as wide as valleys and as colorful as skies. She loved wandering through it at night, but when the sun comes out and it's time to face life, she'd lock her imagination and hold herself to the ground.

He.
He came along.

It's been a while since she held genuine interest in a human being, then he came along.

Glad.
She was glad.

Glad until she started feeling lost. She knew it was best to not care, giving her attention to only who proved to deserve it. She knew people go and things end, so she limited down her real friends. She knew it was best to least expect, keeping herself and her hopes in the safe zone. She knew it was best to not pour out what's on her mind, knowing that someone somewhere will take advantage of that...again.

But what she knew was not best.

She always had side thoughts that no one is ever good and that every person she meets has a different intention than the one they portrait. His friendship was all it took to make her doubt all her morals. The morals she taught herself as she fell and stood up multiple times. The morals that kept her happy and alive.

She was glad.

She was glad and excited, driving in full force into the friendship that sparked between them. She was driving so fast till she came across a road bump, making her slow down tremendously. "What have I gotten myself into?" She thought as she looked around, moving with a cautious speed.

She found herself caring about someone she merely met.

She found herself wishing things never end between her and someone she merely met.

She found herself pouring what's on her mind to someone she merely met.

He tells her to not expect worst of him. He tells her he is a good guy and he doesn't deserve being thought of as that. He tells her he should be expecting worst of her. He tells her she hasn't proven she's special, yet never failed till now.

Signs started appearing down the road she took. Some warning her about what might be at the end of the road, ordering her to stop and turn back before it's too late. Other some telling her that she should abandon her ride and continue on feet, making her lose trust in her morals .

She paused, looking at a sign that particularly caught her attention. "You'll never be safe, remember that."

She sat. She looked up before laying down, her gaze not parting the clear blue sky. She decided to take a rest here, wait for the night to come where she can free herself from the ground and wander around once again.

She knew though. She knew she'll be lost by the time the sun comes up. She knew that she'll end up walking down the road.

How? How will she continue her way? On feet? Abandoning everything she learnt and built? Or will she find a different ride? Learning new things along the way and building up a new one?

She's scared.

She's lost.

But she's glad.