Prologue: The Missing Fairy

Hold your head up Levy, there isn't much they can do to you until Gajeel gets here, right?

Levy's breath was nearly caught in her throat when she was dragged towards it, the pool of water. It was deep, she could tell by the darkness of it.

They're going to drown you girl, you have no way to fight back. Not in these ropes, but Gajeel, Gajeel is coming.

They grew nearer to the water, her captors and her. Levy tried to speak, but the cloth in her mouth, his headband they had stolen from him when they knocked him out, kept her muffled.

Gajeel...

They were at the edge of the deep dark pool now, the tile was cold under her bare feet. Warm tears fell from her eyes as she shook her head in protest.

Help me...

And she was shoved in roughly. She drew in a deep breath before she hit the water. She only hoped that they were just being cruel and making her fear for her life. That was the only hope she could have... Gajeel was no where to be seen, nor would he be until she returned home.

Gajeel slammed his fist down onto the table in front of him. "What do you mean ya ain't finding her?!" He demanded maintaining the eye contact with Natsu. "They ain't gonna be smart enough to take her that far away." He stood up and flinched from the pain in his body.

"Gajeel, sit down." Pantherlily said beside him, he was nearly wrapped head to toe in bandages, much like Gajeel. "There isn't anything we can do right now."

"They masked her scent with the bushes and trees, metal face!" Natsu snapped glaring at the iron dragon. "I can't find her."

"You ain't lookin' hard enough!" He snapped back. He still hadn't sat back down, but he wasn't trying to storm away and look for Levy, so no one protested.

"We'll keep a search team out there. Droy and Jet are out there right now." Mira said standing behind the bar cleaning a cup. "We're all worried."

"If Natsu didn't find her, then we just need to look harder." Lucy said standing up. She looked at Gajeel, "You know as well as I do that Natsu would've found her if he could."

Natsu looked over at Lucy and shot her a thankful smile and Gajeel growled under his breath. "We're heading back out tonight." Natsu added. "Lucy and I will try our best to find her, I promise." Natsu sounded more serious, this caused Gajeel to relax a bit.

"Thank you," He said facing the fact that he couldn't go and find her himself. "But as soon as I'm better, I'm joinin' the damn search team!" He glanced around and no one protested.

Natsu and Lucy headed out to get ready for their search later that night and Gajeel looked at Lily and walked out towards his home, trying not to think the worst about what was going on with Levy.