Cinco

Carter

"Your dad doesn't have any hidden camera's around here, watching me right?"  I heard a familiar voice question.  As I looked up from the bench I was sitting on as I waited for the subway. I wasn't surprised to see Joey standing before me, holding a can of watermelon Arizona in one hand, and a bag of Doritos in the other.

"Good afternoon to you too."  I smiled,  "And naw I don't think so. But most likely I might see him somewhere in Manhattan spying on me."  I chuckled, scooting over to make room for him on the bench.  "I'm sorry for last night. My dad can be an ass sometimes."  I sighed slightly, as he shrugged it off, taking a sip of his Arizona, as he tried hiding his emotions.  I was wondering greatly on what  may have been on Joey's mind that seemed to be bothering him greatly, but tried brushing off the situation.

"What you have planned for today?"  He then asked, minutes later after I had bin scrolling through my tumblr app on my phone, my mouth watering as I was craving for all of the delicious desserts I had passed.

"I have to go to down to Soho. Back to the art studio I was at last week." I replied dryly, as I continued thumbing my way in a down motion, on my phone screen.  "Since my parents, specifically my father, is so concerned about me, he's going to to be staying in some fancy hotel in Soho.  So now I can't even do anything because the hotel is right up the street from the art studio.  I doubt I could actually hang with you anymore now." I frowned as Joey sucked his teeth in annoyance.  Because of my father being such an ass, I doubt he even wants to be around me anymore for all the negative energy I have been bringing along lately.

"It's fine, Carter. We'll find some way to get around this." He responded, before forcing a smile onto his face, trying to assure me that he was being serious.  "Come on, I'll bring you down to Soho.  I'm going to Vinny's house anyways to finish the mix-tape.  He added once the subway arrived and we boarded in unison.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Thanks for the lunch Joey, you know you really didn't have to do that." I began, after finishing the last of my fries.

"It's fine Carter, just wanted to treat my friend." He replied with a smile, grabbing our trash, as I followed him to the door. A slight grin stretched across my face as I looked down to hide the blush that was burning my cheeks.

"Daddy Monroe wont kick my ass if he see's me walking down the street with his daughter right?" Joey joked as we exited the restaurant, after he finished his Sprite.

My stomach was stuffed from the amount of food we ate, and I was still sipping on my Lemonade as we walked around Brooklyn. It was about seven and the sun was beginning to set over the mid-April horizon,  sending chills through my body as I zipped up my camouflage utility jacket I had got from Forever 21 earlier in the year.  I loved everything about it from leather sleeves to the various spikes along the shoulder of the jacket.

"I honestly don't care what my dad thinks about you anymore Joey.  He's being ignorant as hell, and doesn't want to give you a damn chance.  And he wonders why Taylor ran away with Theo.  It's cause she had no type freedom to do nothing  back in California!"  I fumed in range, I wasn't trying to let all my anger out on Joey.  But the way father was acting towards him, was really beginning to pull my last straw.  He was treating my like a kid, and this shit was getting old pretty damn fast.

"Alright enough about your old man.  How was your day today at work?"  he then asked, once we reached the stairs to the subway station.

"I just pretty much was a tourist and gave people a tour of the museum, I helped clean the displays and that was about it. If you didn't notice I'm only in there for like two hours.  I completely hate the job.  I thought it would really have to do with art, but all I am is a tour guide."  I complained rolling my eyes.  "How about you, how it the mixtape coming along?" I questioned, trying to change the subject of my boring job.