Siete

• Dedicated to All of the Lovely Readers ♡

Carter

A few weeks later, and I haven't heard from Joey, ever since he told me he had a girlfriend.  Honestly, it's been completely awkward and weird without having Joey in my presence.  Over the past month or so of us hanging together, I kinda grown fond of him and his personality.  There was something about Joey that I really seemed to love about him, from his chill personality, to the way he never seemed to give up on me when my father seemed to be a stubborn asshole.  But it was as if ever since the other night things seemed to be the different.  Everything went back to how life was before I met Joey, in other words boring as hell.

After brushing my teeth and showering, I then walked down the hall back into the kitchen to find something to eat.  I opened the refrigerator and stared blankly at the contents inside, it didn't take long for me to notice I was out of milk.  I nearly had a heart attack after trying to contain the screams from escaping my lips.  The last thing I need is my neighbors thinking something wrong.  I quickly dashed into my room, and got onto my hands and knees, searching for my Adidas sandals under my bed.  Once I had the rubbery black and white sandals on my sock covered feet, and pulled my tribal print Urban Outfitters hood over my head, I slipped out of the front door to the nearest corner store that sold groceries.

After walking on foot for nearly fifteen minutes, through the afternoon chaos Corona, Queens, I eventually found a store called Rico's Grocery and Deli. I walked it and it was a small, cramped, bodega.  There were shelves of various candies, chips, and other junk food.  As I walk further more into the cramped aisles I finally saw a wall of grocery items, I smiled to myself as I quickly reached into the refrigerator for a gallon of milk. I then walked back to the front of the store, where I picked up a pack of double stuffed Oreo's, and two packs of sour gummy worms.  Once I had everything I went to the cash register to pay for my goods.  A middle aged Latino male behind the counter rang up my items before telling me the total.

"Eight dollars, and sixty-nine cents." The man announced in a thick Hispanic accent. I nodded my head before reaching into my jacket pocket for my wallet to pull out my card.  I continuously reached into both my sweatshirt pockets and my sweatpants, but still no sign of my wallet or card.  As I continued searching my pockets, the man behind the counter stared at me impatiently awaiting for me to pay up for my food, but I couldn't find the card anywhere.  That was when I stopped searching once I remembered I left my wallet in my jacket I was wearing last night when I was with Joey. The same jacket that is on a hanger inside of my closet right now.  I sighed shaking my head in  embarrassment, as I began to open my mouth to tell the man I didn't have any money, before someone behind me said something.

"I'll pay for it." A masculine voice from behind me interjected.  I turned around to see a tall light skinned guy with gorgeous curls, and beautiful golden eyes standing behind me.  My jaw dramatically dropped in amazement, I wasn't sure if this was Jesus blessing me with a sexy dude to fill my presence, or Santa Claus sending me an early Christmas present.  But whoever this guy is, he handsome as hell, and a true gentleman for doing this. "Don't worry gorgeous, I'm Laith, but the way." He smiled, stepping up closer to the counter, as he took out his wallet.

I smiled brightly at what he said, I even felt as if a blush crept upon my face for how warm my face was also feeling.  After swiping his card and paying for the bag of skittles in his hand and my various goods, Laith then handed me my bag before we both exited the corner store.  "Thanks for paying for my stuff, you didn't have to do that you know."  I smiled slightly as both stood awkwardly out die the store.

"And how would you be able to get your Oreo's and milk?"  He asked with a chuckle, causing me to giggle at the face he made.  It was like he was smiling, and trying to hold in the laugh, but ugh, he looked adorable!