Chapter One~

Jimmy

"All I'm saying is that Mr. Mathews should really know how to teach Geography since he didn't know Helsinki was the capital of Finland!" I laughed to Pete, shaking my head. Pete chuckled as he looked at me with disbelief. "I mean, a 57% is a bit harsh since most answers are right. Eh. Maybe he knew I was cheating off of Beatrice." I showed him the test then I crushed it between my palms, making a nice ball. I got in my stance as I jumped and flicked the paper basketball from my hand and towards the trash bin 2 feet away. Bouncing on the edge of the trash bin it hit the concrete with a thud. Shit.
"Whoa, pro garbage basketball player Jimmy Hopkins missed a shot!" Pete chuckled as he hit his palms together loud enough to echo across the deserted campus. The campus was so peaceful and dark at this time of night. Surrounded by the black skies with the only light guiding our way was the beautiful stars in the sky. Midnight was when they started to shine their brightest.

"Its too dark and I'm tired from that dumbass test." I lied and i shrugged, pretending to yawn. I usually can make shots from 10 feet away but tonight I just wanted to go to my dorm and sleep. I really needed something to get things off my mind. I opened the boys dorm and held it open for Pete.
"Ladies first?" I gestured my hand towards the door with a smile and chuckled. Pete's face fell and frowned. Damn it I did it again.
"You sound like Gary..." My blood ran cold. I haven't heard that name in months. Everyone seemed to forget his existence at the academy after what happened, not me. He lingered in my head. It's like he engraved himself with a knife in a tree in my head after he left. He was my best friend. I trusted him with my life. But then he pulled that load of shit. Talking about ruling the school with an iron fist. My chest ached. I hope one day I'll see him around this god forsaken town, however I know that's not going to happen.

" Pete... You know I di-" he shook his head and walked into the dorm. I followed, going to apologize once again for being a dick. I never mean to act like him. When someone's always on your mind you tend to act like them.

Everyone thought Pete was gay. I even did too until I mentioned it to him one day and he got furious. We were playing poker in the front room of the dorm.
"Full house!" I yelled as I slammed my cards on the table. Pete whined and threw a temper tantrum like a girl. He threw his cards on the table and folded his arms, his eyes were glossy, looking like he was about to cry. " Dude calm down you're such a girl." I chuckled he rolled his eyes and looked up at the ceiling, trying to not let the tears fall. " Pete don't get the wrong idea but I've been meaning to ask this." He looked at me with a glare like he read my mind, knowing what I was going to say. " Are you gay?" He stared at me with hatred in his eyes. He got up, stomped around his chair and gripped it until his knuckles were white then threw it against the wall, causing a crack in the wall that reminds still to this day. He then flipped the table from the side causing the poker cards and chips to fly and rain down. He walked over to me as he groaned, over the table not caring what mayhem he caused. He griped my collar from my vest and pulled me to look eye to eye with him. His upper lip twitched with anger as he opened his lips enough to let the words flow.
" I'm sick and tired..." He said threw his teeth. "of everyone asking me the same...shit. I. Am not. Gay. If you want to call me something...metro-sexual. Look it up." With that he pushed my chest causing me to fall in my chair down to the ground. Once I looked up to apologize he was gone. The next day I confronted him about it he had no idea what I was talking about. I never knew the guy has such anger within him.

So after that I've learned not to touch the subject. As I went to follow him into his room he slammed the door inches from my face. I grumbled and sighed as I turned around and walked down the hall to my room. I got my key and put it through the slot. So many people would break into my room I've learned to lock it before I go out. I turn the key hearing the click as pull the key out I open the door and shut it behind me. I lean on the door and close my eyes, holding my temple as I let out a strong sigh.
"Tough day?" I jump and look at my bed. Zoe.
" What are you doing here?" I asked breathlessly as I put a hand on my chest, walking over to my desk. I put my bag down along with my keys and anything else in my pockets. I stand with both hands on the desk, looking out the window at the stars. They're always so beautiful.
" I missed my baby... That girls dorm gets lonely..." She said in a sexy, raspy voice. I heard her walk towards me. As the footsteps became closer until they stopped. She wrapped her arms around my chest and kissed my cheek, slowly making her way down to my neck. Lingering there she waited for a response. Don't need to tell me twice. I turned around and smashed our lips together. I bent my knees and picked her up without moving my lips from hers. Her legs wrapped around my waist as I walked towards my bed. I laid her down gently on the bed.
"I've been lonely too baby." I whispered.
This will get my mind off him for awhile.