Chapter 12

We finally got to the hip-hop room. After two hours, we had just finished practicing the new number we were preforming, and I was shown that Max was good, REALLY good. I was surprised Max wasn’t worried about his “friends” seeing him at the show. He retorted, “Why would I be worried? It’s a SCHOOL MUSIC EVENT. The three words that strike out ANY chance of them coming to the performance.” I shrugged my shoulders and started to pick up my stuff, “Well, see ya on Friday night, Max” He smiled, “Bye.”

     I started to go up the LONG spiral and I heard someone talking, I then saw a little window, Paula and John in the science lab room…kissing. She backed away and said, “John! Why did you do that? You know I’m with Kyle and we are JUST friends!” John stuttered, “Oh my gosh, Paula, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to kiss you. I’ll put aside my feelings and hope things won’t change between us.” Paula smiled, “Masaka. Never. You’ll ALWAYS be my friend and nothing will change that.” I couldn’t hold it, “Awwww…” They both looked around in panic. Oops, almost caught! As I continued up the stairs I heard Paula say, “This will be OUR little secret, don’t you DARE tell Calvin OR Kyle.” And I heard her click-clack away...

     When I was driving home I got to the stoplight. I turned, and heard some commotion coming from the convertible car to the right. I turned Mackenzie with…Vanessa… Where were all these horrible people coming from?

“Ugh, Our plan is soooooo not working… Isabella is rocking her world! Hot guy friends, she looks good, hot guys, super well in studies, an Infinity as her car, hot guys, new friends, cute clothes, hot guys, OH! And a BOYFRIEND!” Vanessa looked at her, “A boyfriend?” Mackenzie nodded... “I was there tearing her down trying to make her go into depression, but then all of a sudden a multitude of hot, athletic guys come out from behind the bleachers, and start talking to her!!! And the hottest, one is her boyfriend; I think Blake is his name. The most embarrassing thing was that Chris was almost turning green of jealousy and fuming at the sight… What am I going to do with him? He’s not Mr. Hotshot anymore… Ugh!!!!” Cassandra looked at her, “We have to break them up…” I thought to myself, is this the longest red light in the world? I looked at them, discussing, and thought about keeping my trap shut, but I couldn’t resist after all they’d done to me, “Wow, that desperate?” They looked at me in shock, and I smirked with charm (as my aunt says so). As if the world was finally on my side, the light turned green and I zoomed off. Leaving them behind, in dust and embarrassment.