Chapter Two.

The inn wasn't as comfortable as it seemed it would be. I got the top level, though; I could live with that. Opening the door with the key card, I stepped in, turning my gaze around the minor amount of space.

One queen bed against the wall, a desk that could pass as a card table, and a dresser with a box television on it. Well, it was the most I could ask for. Not like I was planning on staying for a few days, anyways.

Tonight and a bit of tommorow.

I dropped my duffel onto the the bed, fishing through it. Ahh - even pissed at me, Abby had the heart to keep my dreamcatcher safe from being crushed amongst the fabric. I hung it on th head of the bed, sighing softly and shrugging out of my teeshirt and jeans, shoes and socks, running a hand over my face before crawling into the bed and submitting to sleep.

At nine, my phone rang. I was morely awake now, with twelve hours of sleep. My wolf was anxious, and agitated by the smallness of the quarentine we were in. I sat up, running a hand through my hair, and then reached over to snag my phone off of the nightstand, lifting it to my ear without checking ID.

"Hello?"

"Don't act like you don't know me, Nathan." I pulled the phone away from my ear, to check ID; Jason.

"Hey, Jase," I replied, even though I knew he was going to grill me for a while about leaving. I'd sent Kiley a text asking her to please fill Jason in on my leaving.

"God damnit Nathan! Why the Hell did you have to leave without telling me? I had to hear from Kiley that you were leaving me, you son of an ass. Why did you not come to me?"

"Calm down, Jason. I had to leave without telling you or talking to you because I knew you'd find some way to get me to stay," I said, relaxing back into the covers. "So I told Kiley, and then told her to tell you that I was leaving once I was out of the state."

There was a long pause on his end. "Why, man? Why'd you have to go?"

"I've kinda planned it for a bit. And then Abby broke up with me last night, and I decided it was time to follow my plans," I moved the phone to yawn, then pressed it back against my ear.

"You should've said something earlier. I'd love to come with you and start a new life," he said, voice the merest whimper.

"I couldn't, Jason," I sighed, lowering my gaze, "because this is something I have to do on my own."

We talked for a bit longer, before I decided it was time fopr me to start my day of driving. I set my phone on the small desk, opening my duffel and carefully tucking in my dreamcatcher, pulling out fresh clothes, setting them out on the bed and walking into the bathroom.

At least the shower was in good shape. I turned it on, letting the water run and glancing in the mirror.

I carried my father' looks. I was tall - six feet, five inches - and had spent free time in my boredom exercising, so my mucles were leanly built along my body. My skin was naturally tan, and my hair was a dark, muddy brown, just the slightest bit wavy. And as stated before, my silver eyes.

I slipped out of my boxers, and stepped into the warm water, enjoying the inviting warmth that the water was. It wiped away the sweat from the last two days, my fading cologne, my worries.

I always took showers when I was in a bad mood. I might not have felt it at the time, but as I began to enjoy my shower and register the past events that had rattled me from my corrupt country boy life to going across the country, that I realized I was in a terrible mood. I scrubbed my hair with the crappy hotel shampoo and conditioner, taking up time to let it soak in and wipe away oil and dirt, sweat and perspiration.