A Party to Remember- Part One

A/N: So this is my Christmas story for the year. I've been wanting to do this idea for a long time (a few months) but never really had the best situation to put it in, but now I do! So here we go! I hope you enjoy this little prologue teaser thing, the rest of the story will be posted in another part more than likely! I'll probably post this in my one-shots book as well, when it's done. 

Dear Guest, 

You are invited to a fantastic Christmas party at my mansion on the 24th of December at 5pm and I hope to see you there. Ties and dresses only, it's fancy dress! Make sure to add plenty of colours to your outfits and bring a gift that anyone can enjoy. Food and drinks are provided.  And don't forget to bring a date!

See you all there,
- Love Ridge  

Ridge grinned as he read over the invitation, nodding to himself, he stamped a wax seal on the envelope the final letter and passing them to his assistant.

Getting up from his desk, he stretched his back and wandered idly down fancy dark oak stairs and onto the main floor of his large home. He surveyed the decorations that had already been put up in the main foyer, and watched as they were being put up in the ballroom. 

Tired of walking, his feet lifted off the ground and he hovered towards the large Christmas tree that had been put up. He'd decided that he was going to decorate it for once, to give it a sort of sentimental feel. Hey, he may be a god, but that didn't mean he could decorate a tree.

Picking out a piece of long red tinsel out of one of the two large boxes by his feet, he got to work. Wrapping different colours around the tree, he had to reframe from trying to make it look perfect, and no matter his own protests, not match with any of the other decoration themes be put into place. (Much to the silent annoyance of the people he had hired.)

After a good hour or two of decorating the tree (he had been taking is time and doing it the mortal way- well, he did fly, but in his opinion that didn't count as cheating.) He found himself feeling overly satisfied, more so than he had expected. The rewarding feeling of making something look beautiful was strange, but he enjoyed it.

But then, when he stepped back to admire his work, his grin dropped suddenly and turned into a grimace. Yeah, not beautiful at all. With a huff of annoyance he waved his hands at the tree. The ornaments and decorations moved themselves into place, some even changed colour, while others vanished and reappeared in their boxes.

Grinning again, the auburn haired man shrugged, turning away with a swish of his gold adorned coat- he got points for trying.