Chapter One

Hello everyone, I wanted to first say that events in this story are total made up, however it was brought to my notice that things like this actually do happen. Please keep an open mind as you read.Thank you.******************************************

My name is Faith, Faith Kamara. Growing up, I was the happiest girl in the world. I had wonderful parents who I loved and adored and three beautiful young sisters. We never lacked anything.

My father, Mr. Desmond Kamara was one of the richest men in my town. We lived a wonderful life. It wasn’t perfect, but it was full of joy, until after my 18th birthday.

Eighteen years earlier

     After everyone had dinner, I went into my room for an early night. I wasn’t feeling well. My temperature was very high, but I didn’t want to get my parents worried. I sat on my bed and took out an ibuprofen from the medicine drawer next to my bed. I swallowed the pills and drank a glass of cold water.

   Feeling a little better, I took out my Bible and started reading Matthew. In the middle of my reading, I felt a sharp pain. I couldn’t figure out what it was, so I brushed the feeling aside. That night, I couldn’t sleep.

       It was thundering outside. Around 3am, I finally drifted off to sleep. I dreamt of two men in the woods talking. They couldn’t see me, but I could clearly see their backs. I had absolutely no idea what they were secretively talking about, but I was curious. As I was about to walk closer to them, the scene changed. I was at my house. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear voices. They sounded familiar. I tip toed towards the voices, careful not to make any sound. I accidentally hit the chair leg, and one of the men turned around. His face was blurry. He said to the other man, "Hurry up." They were in the kitchen mixing something in a bottle. I opened my mouth to speak, but I woke up. I was soaked in sweat, I couldn't sleep after that. I got on my knees and prayed a silent pray. 

I woke up on the side of my bed with the sun up. Rising up slowly, I went into the bathroom. Looking at my reflection, I couldn’t recognize the girl that was staring back at me. Her eyes were very red and she looked sick. I didn’t want to go to school, but I had no choice since today was the last day.

 I put on my uniform after taking a cold shower, and went down stairs to join the rest of the family. I put on the best smile I possibly could after seeing the worried look on my mother’s face. I could tell she knew something wasn’t right with me. We sat down on the table, ate silently as if everyone had a terrible night. Usually before leaving for school, we prayed, but today, I was just not into it.

I walked to school silently, with nothing in mind. In class, I couldn’t concentrate as my friends spoke about what universities accepted them. All I was thinking about was the nightmare I had. What if it was a premonition, I asked myself? What if it was a warning?

   At the sound of the last bell of the school year, I walked home slowly. Usually I would go home with one of my friends, but today I just needed space. The walk home felt like eternity instead of twenty minutes.

As soon as I got home, I felt the sharp pain again. Immediately, I knew that something was wrong. I ran into my house only to hear my mother crying. I placed my hand on my heart, knowing exactly what had happened without even being told. I couldn’t breathe. My tears kept running down my face uncontrollably.

I ran into my room because I needed space from everyone, everything. I lay down on my bed crying out all my tears that I never thought I had. I was trembling because I could’ve stopped what ever happened to my dad. I should’ve prayed with him. I should’ve held him tighter. I should’ve told him that I loved him. All I thought about was what I could’ve, should’ve, and would’ve done this morning.