Two cities

They are different, no doubt.

At first they seem alike. Both of them have many stories to share.

Both are bright and talented.

Both have a very busy working day.

One can even assume that they both never sleep.

Both are so successful that they can afford absolutely anything...

But they do not have so much in common as they seem to.

They are as different as, so to say, a piece of chalk and a slice of cheese. Or a ballpoint pen and an audiotape. A raven and a writing desk might have more things in common than these two.

She lives in a sunlit field near the river.

He prefers living on a frosty shore of the Baltic Sea.

She seems noble and strict, but in reality she is sweet, amicable and cannot stand any formalities.

He looks friendly and joyful, but you need to be cautious if you want to befriend him. You will need to try your best.

She is happy and careless, but logical and as accurate as a clock at the same time. She can take the responsibility for any matter any day and every hour.

He is proud, lofty and his mind is always lost in his small personal world somewhere above three layers of clouds.

She is open to everyone who talks to her and is always ready to listen to them, as well as offer her immediate help.

He is mysterious, pretentious and will hide everything about himself from your curious ears.

She goes hand in hand with time flying and follows the example of her colleagues.

He will never act like everyone around. Freedom and self-expressing mean the universe to him.

Every day, she invites all the times and all the epochs to have a cup of tea. They all feel fine at hers. You are likely to enjoy meeting either Ivan the Terrible or Michael Bulgakov if you come to her place.

As for him, he is stuck in his thoughts and atmosphere which are destined to remain forever in the time of Pushkin and Gogol.

She will never let you get lost in the streets. She will help you get back on your way, wherever you go. Scarcely have you opened your mouth to ask where to go, she is up with her reply and the shortest route to any destination.

He will make you wander along the yards and bridges like in a maze and will never give you directions if you ask him. The only thing he will do is tangling your way even more.

You might not like her at first, you might think of her as superficial and too carefree. However, you are bound to fall in love with her as you get to know her closer, and she is going to love you back whoever you are.

You love him, adore him, worship him from the very first sight and feel hopelessly attracted to him. But he will always be far away, no matter what ship you are sailing to get closer. You will never reach.

She feels like home to all the people, she is earthly in the sweetest way possible and is eager to share her warmth with you.

He is cold like the northern wind and hostile to you, though you may suppose that he is one of your kind.

Two different poles. Two opposite entities.

Two capital cities of Russia.

His name is Saint Petersburg.

Her name is Moscow.