Chapter 1.

WANTED!

A crew member for helping out backstage on tour.

When & Where? 30th of June at 10 o’clock in the 02 arena in London

Tasks? All around: preparing the venue, helping the stylist, …

How long? From the 4th of July ‘till the 30th of October.

WANTED!

That sounds interesting? Seeing a bit of the world… traveling, working in a crew… that could work.

I’m Madison Grace Reeve. I’m 18 and I live in London. I live alone in a little apartment, and I have one older brother who moved to New York about 1 year ago. So,  tomorrow I’m applying for the job for helping backstage at concerts. But now, I’m walking to Starbucks to get my late night tea. When I walk in I immediately smell the scent of coffee and muffins fill the air. I order, and walk back out, heading to my apartment, getting ready for tomorrow.

I wake up from my alarm blaring ‘Drunk’  by Ed Sheeran through the speakers. I jump out of my bed and head over to my closet. Something casual but not too casual. I grab a maxi dress with Aztec print in orange and dark blue-purple-ish and some peeptoe pumps in the same color. (external link)

I put some make-up on, but don’t overdo it and grab my bag. I walk out and head towards the arena. When I arrive there are already loads of people waiting outside the venue. I walk up to some counter. “What can I do for you?” a sweet lady asks. “I’m here for the job…” “okay sweetie, I’ll give you a number, when you’re called you walk up to that door and there will be someone waiting for you.” She says, pointin to a door, and the right side of the arena. I walk up to some bench and sit down. Scrolling through my phone.

After an hour or so I hear the number 276 being called. I stand up, and walk towards the door. “hello, can I see your pass.” Some guy asks. I take the card the woman gave me and he opens the door, where some woman in her thirties is waiting.

“hello! What’s your name?” “Madison Reeve.” I answer politely. “Okay, Madison, I’m Meredith, if you make it, you’ll be seeing me allot. Can you fill in this form, and in about 20 minutes somebody will come and get you for the interview!” She says handing me a form. It’s the usual: name, age, schooling, blablabla.

After about 10 minutes I’m done and I just sit there, waiting. I’m actually still wondering who I will be travelling with, if I make it, of course. I just fizzle a little with my necklace. A necklace with a paper plane and an anchor. I got it when my grandmother died, it was hers, and it’s been ages in the family.

I wait, and wait, until a girl, about 20 years old walks to me. “Are you Madison?” she asks, with a small smile. “Yes.”  I answer smiling back. “can you follow me? They’re ready for the interview . I just nod, I’m getting kind of nervous… “hey, no need to be nervous. They’re not that though, just some basic questions.” She says nudging me while we walk. “so, here it is!” She says, pointing to a door.

I knock on the door, and walk in, the nervousness fading away. “Hello. Can we have to forms?” a man about 50 asks me. On his left is a woman about 35 and on his right is a guy, he’s quite young, 20-25 years I think. He motions me to sit down and looks at the papers. “so, Madison. Why do you want to be in the crew?” he asks me. “I would like to see a lot of places in the world and I would like to know the tour experience.” “okay, so you’re quite young, do you have any experience with preparing for concerts and such?” the lady asks. “yes, I prepared some concerts in little arena’s for like some benefits, and I did hair and make-up in some musicals and such.” I answer looking at the woman.

They all nod and look at a paper that’s on the table. “do you gave to leave someone behind? Are you going to be homesick?” the younger boy asks. “What are you really asking her if she has a boyfriend? ALREADY?” the man asks chuckling. “No, I am not. But that can be an issue!” The boy says, defending himself. I chuckle lightly and answer still politely, “no”. “Okay, so thank you for coming, you will hear something from us later this day.

I nod and walk out towards my car. When I’m in the car I grab my phone and call Brooke. She’s my best friend since kindergarten. She knew I was going on this interview, so she probably was glued to her phone the whole morning. After one ring the phone was picked up. “MADI?” she screams in the phone. “ehmm… Yes?” I answer chuckling. “How was it?” She asks, now in a normal tone. “I think it went good…” I say. “they said they were going to call later this day…” “OH OKAY! THEN I’M COMING OVER! SEE YOU IN 10!” she yells and hangs up the phone. Leave it to Brooke to do that. She’s really loud, sometimes immature, and sometimes very responsible. It’s weird…

I drive home and walk up to my porch, where Brooke is already waiting. “hi!” I say and give her a side-hug while walking to my door.

We walk in and while she sits down on the couch I go to the kitchen and grab us some lunch. I walk back and give her some food and sit down next to her. We watch tv, and hold my phone the whole time next to us.

At 4 my phone starts blaring ‘Small Bump’ by Ed Sheeran. Yeah, maybe I’m a fan, SO WHAT? We both race to the phone and I answer it. “hello, am I speaking to Madison Grace Reeve?” a voice asks. “yes…” I answer. “Hello, Madison, I’m from the management, from the job you applied. I called you to tell you you got the job. My assistant will call you tomorrow, at 10 o’clock.” The man says and hangs up. I just stand there, and when I see Brooke I jump on her and start screaming. “I GOT THE JOB! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

So! new story, Paper Planes, I hope you enjoy it!

give me some feedback! (:

xoxo