Chapter 8 - Survive

Now Erwin said that you could tell Levi really wanted to do something 'unthinkable' to him... So whilst Erwin was walking away Isabel decides to say what Levi was thinking.

"Damn him! He'd better watch his back when he's alone!" You looked over at Levi and he was just looking irritated at his horse's mane.

"Shh. He'll hear you." Farlan quickly remarked trying to shut her up. That's when it started to rain.

"Come on, we better follow before they leave us...We aren't that familiar with the outside walls yet." You spoke turning to face your horse. You, Isabel and Farlan jumped on the back of your horses and started to trot towards your squad.

"No." You all turned around and looked back at Levi. Farlan looked at you and Isabel looking for a reason why he wasn't moving. "They won't notice that we're gone, this is the perfect opportunity. Being foggy and all..."

Isabel was the first one to make her way over to Levi and then it was you and Farlan. "Well, lead the way." You replied making him go a different direction where all the others were going.

After 10 minutes the rain was pouring a little too much and you could hardly see with all the fog and hair sticking to your face. "I didn't know rain could be this heavy!" Isabel yelled pulling her hood over her head...again.

"Neither, we won't even be able to see any titans before it's too late!" Farlan was right, we are probably being chased by 10 titans right now and not even know.

"This is our chance." You raised your eyebrow at Levi's sudden statement. You weren't sure if he was acting determined or psychotic. Either way, he was defiantly going to kill Erwin. That's what he thinks anyway. "We'll use this rain as cover and get close to Erwin." Farlan and Isabel gasped. 

"Levi!" You heard Farlan yell from your left side.

"Are we gonna go for it, Bro?" Isabel asked still in shock.

"Yeah," Levi replied. You didn't like this side of Levi. I mean you've killed somebody for trying to kill Isabel but that's self-defence. The thing is that Erwin did nothing to Levi so Levi's going kill him for his own good..? "But it'd be suspicious if all four of us were to break away at once. I'll go alone."

Silence.

"True. It's probably best not to carelessly move around." You stated nodding at Levi, even though he couldn't see you doing it, You totally respected his decision.

"Alright, fine. We're counting on you Bro!" Isabel yelled after you, "Go and secure our surface citizenship!"

Levi started making his horse go a bit faster than ours and then turned around, "If anyone asks, tell them I went to survey the terrain." You all looked at each other and nodded.

"Got it!" Said Farlan and then Levi ran off on his horse.

After about 15 minutes your horses started to slow down. "They're exhausted." You agreed with Isabel.

"Should we stop for a bit?" Asked Farlan, you replied with a 'yes' and went towards a massive tree. Surprisingly it was good cover from the rain. You all sat down and watched as your horses ate the grass.

"How long do you think he'll be?" Isabel said looking at you.

"Maybe another 10 minutes? It depends how far they've gone because he'll have to double that time to get back."

Isabel and Farlan huffed at your answer, they were so tired, you could see it starting to form under their eyelids. "I just want to go to sleep!" Isabel wined lying down on her back.

After 5 minutes Farlan and Isabel were fast asleep, you had to admit you wanted to join them but that would be the story of how you all died. You lay back leaning on the tree and closed your eyes.

That's until your heard footsteps, and they were getting closer and closer by the second. You stood up and squinted your eyes trying to look through all the fog. You couldn't see anything but you knew it was there, you shook Farlan and Isabel and they looked up in shock.

"(Y/N)?" Farlan asked rubbing his eyes.

"I'll tell you after, just get on your horses and ride!" You yelled, they just sat there for a second confused before you dragged them to their feet and helped them onto their horses.

They ran away and into the fog, you then quickly jumped on your horse until a massive hand dug itself into the ground in front of you. You pulled your horses back and stayed silent, luckily your horse did too. The hand moved away from your site and then a foot was in front of your vision.

Was it crawling? This titan is crawling!

You could hear it sniffing you out and that's when you were met eye to eye with it. You were speechless, you wanted to die a natural death and be with Farlan, Isabel and... Levi. But not by this creature!

Your horse stepped back as the titan tried to grab you but it ended up clutching the tree instead. You then quickly dashed through the foggy air hoping you'd lose it, but that wouldn't be so easy.

It had a great sense of smell - could track you down easily

It was stronger than you - It could throw you, squish you and rip you apart, so many ways because you are weak and it probably has more strength in its middle finger than you have in your whole body.

And also it has nothing to lose.