Chapter 9 -Sweet lies and painful truth-

Warning!! Swear words!!
Enjoy, my readers~~ (/^3^)/

_______________________________________
Yoshiro slammed his fist onto the wooden table as Akira grinned with pride.

"You... YOU DID THIS BECAUSE YOU WANT HER SOUL?"

"Why yes, I said that just now didn't I?" Akira laughed cynically. "I'm not just an angel, demon..."

Yoshiro gritted his teeth as he spoke,"So it was all a lie? You played with HER emotions?!!"

"Of course! It's rare to have a pure and innocent soul at this age, plus, she had the key in her body, you know that key that allows you to rule the world?"

Yoshiro's blood boiled, Akira noticed it and grinned maniacally,"Tell me, my frie-"

"We're not friends... you bastard...." Yoshiro silenced him with a growl.

Akira rolled his eyes to spite the demon before speaking,"You like her more than a sibling, don't you?... Or should I say LOVE?"

Yoshiro froze. That angel... no... fallen angel... He saw him right through his thoughts... Yes, Yoshiro was a demon... from hell...
You were the one who caught his eye when you were a baby, his main intention was to have your soul and the key, so he was adopted into your family with the help of his magic.
Soon as you two grew up together, he started to grow feelings that humans would call it 'love'.

You were the one who understood him.
You were the one who let him feel the feeling of being loved.
You were the one who was always there for him
You were the one... right for him and him only.

He started reconsidering on extracting the key from your body. If he did, you will die. But he really wanted that key but he couldn't loose you. On your upcoming birthday, the key in you will awaken and you will become the goddess. However, becoming the goddess is an extremely bad omen.

Your ancestor was the goddess and she unintentionally almost wiped out humanity. To prevent anymore disasters, she took her own life. Unfortunately, the power skipped through the generations and the gift or curse landed on you.

Yoshiro snarled at the fallen angel who laughed again,"I knew it, dude, you are so predictable!!"

Yoshiro slapped his hand away when Akira was about pat him on the shoulder. Akira just shrugged and sighed,"You do know romance between demons and humans is a taboo, right? Good luck with your love, pretty boy... 'Cause the key is gonna be mine..."

With that, he disappeared and the darkened room became normal. The satanic drawing used to summon Akira faded from the table. Just a second after everything turned normal, you knocked onto the door,"Onii-chan? Are you all right? I heard loud noises just now!"

Yoshiro jolted when he heard your voice but then replied quickly,"Y-yea! Go back to sleep, we have school tomorrow!!"

"Hai~"

With that, you skipped off to your room while Yoshiro sighed and placed his index finger and thumb on his temples, massaging them. He had to tell you, the day before your birthday.

'(Y/n)... I will always love you...'

_______________________________________

A/N : Hope you guys enjoyed it!! Please tell me how to improve on this, ok? Thank you~
m(_ _)m