•Chapter 1•

"What am I going to wear?"

That's the main question. I need something nice and warm, but that's all I've ever worn in my whole entire life.

As I open the door to my walk-in closet, I immediately notice my favorite cherry-red parka equipped with a hot cocoa holder. Score!

Then I move on to a pair of black leggings and a simple pair of tan snow boots. I then decide to throw my hair up in a perfect messy bun.

For the final touch, I throw a wooly scarf around my neck and put on something very special to me. My star ring. I can communicate back to The North Pole by pressing down on the side and talking.

This was given to me just in case anything happened, but nothing has happened, yet.

"Shoot! I almost forgot the magic!"

I rush down to the factory where Cindy is impatiently waiting for me. She is the main director of all things magic, and helps my dad all year long.

"Ah Eve, there you are. I was scared you got nervous and backed out."

"Cindy, you should know that this has been MY DREAM for as long as I can remember, and I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"True, true. Everything you need is over there on that table."

When I look over to my right, I see all of the sparkling powders that will help me through my night around the globe. Next to the magic is an informational packet...classic Cindy.

INFORMATIONAL PACKET
•Blue- Teleportation
•Pink- Memory Loss
•Purple- Healing
•Yellow- Christmas Cookies:)
•Orange- Heat Warmer
•Red- EMERGENCIES ONLY

Well, let's hope I don't need that last one.

"Thanks again Cindy! I'll tell you all about it when I get back."

"You better! C'ya!"

I stuff all of the powders into my parka and continue to the sleigh. I think I'm finally ready. Before I even make it down the stairs I hear Aspen yelling at me. Typical.

"EVE! We are absolutely positively going to be late! Hurry up or I'm leaving you!"

"Aspen, don't get all worked up I'm here, just chill out."

I climb into the sled and see dad waving with none other than my mom.

She has hair just like mine, but it's always pulled back into a nice, neat bun.

FACTS ABOUT MY MOM
•She doesn't like to be called Mrs. Clause
•She is the sweetest person I know.

"Good luck kids! Don't let me down!"

This is it. This is really it. I finally get to go out and see the world. This is going to be a night to remember.

"EVE! SNAP OUT OF IT! Buckle your seatbelt!"

"Oh yeah, about that...sorry," I say as he gives me a menacing glare."

Aspen is always stressed during this time of year, but I can't blame him.