vsofjb~chpter 2

Chapter 2

You stood there for a few minutes wondering when he'd come come back. Yes, he was coming back tomorrow. You knew it was a boy. His voice was a little low, but not too much. You walked back inside, your heart pounded. What if he was a child predator? No, he didn't sound like that.

Sandy: Hello dear. A little dreary outside don't you think?

You: Yes, it is.

Sandy: Oh Ashley. Your just like your mother. So quite.

You: I guess so. Grandma, do you think mom cares about the baby?

Sandy: Why do you think not?

You: I don't know. She doesn't really take care of herself very much that's all.

Sandy: The baby will be fine sweetie.

You: Well she will be my new sister. I don't want anything wrong to happen to her before she can breath.

Sandy: Gosh, are you sure your fifthteen? You sound like a teenager. Well, after the bratty stage.

You: (laughs) I get that a lot.

Sandy: Where is your father and mother?

You: I don't know where mom is, but dad's looking for a job.

Sandy: Oh? and Cory?

You: (shrugs) Out...

Sandy: Oh.. I see. (looks out window)

You: Want me to make you anything? (checking cupboards)

Sandy: Don't have much.

You: We'll make do.

Sandy: Ashley?

You: Yes grandma?

Sandy: I'm here for you when you need me.

You: (smiles) Thank you grandma.

A few hours later your parents and Cory still weren't home. You gave Grandma Sandy her pills and she fell asleep on the couch. You draped a blanket over her and went to bed in your new old room. You felt scared because the house was so old. But something made you feel safe. And on the first night you fell asleep.