chapter 1

It was the first day of summer break; I rolled out of bed and let the frosty touch of the hard wood floor meet with my toes. I continued my normal morning routine and headed to the shower.

Most kids during the summer stay up and sleep in late. Unlike them I do what I usually do: brush my teeth, wash my face, take a shower, eat then go running before 8:00 am.

Every since I remember I've had that routine. I guess it was because it helped me feel close to my family members back home; we'd do the same thing every Saturday and it felt great.

But now I was far from them, they're not dead of course, it sure does feel like it though.

My mother and Father sent me here to Tuscany to "enrich my studies " as they would put it. I was a good student I made low A's and high B's. But that still wasn't enough for them, they expected no less than a 95 in ALL of my classes. Which in reality isn't realistic.

             My thoughts were interrupted by the knocks of the dorm room door. "Hey girlie!" My best and only friend Maria sang out.
"Hey, what's up?" I questioned her knowing that she knew it was my study time.

"First, I already know and understand its your "study time and all, second there's no saying no this time." Maria said with her arms across her hips.

"I can't, honestly, and where are we going anyways?" I pleaded as I rolled my eyes.

"Is that a yes I here?!" Maria yelled out as she threw her arms around me.

"So where are we going?" I said with annoyance in voice. "Don't be so down Pippy; you'll see." Maria said a cheesy grin on locked upon her face.

After about a thirty minute drive we were on the out skirts of Florence. "Get out Pippy (Pippy was a nickname she gave me about a year ago.) we have some fun to get to!" Maria exclaimed as she clapped her hands.

When the car turned off I slowly got out and examined the area. To my surprise it was amazingly beautiful, we were near the river side and the water was glistening. As I approached the bridge a sharp pain inflicted upon my right shoulder, as I was turning around hot water splashed across my face. "What the hell was that?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs; from the corner of my eye I could see Maria staring with her jaw dropped.

" I'm so sorry that you weren't paying attention- I'm so sorry, are you okay?" He finally managed to say when he looked up. "It's fine just next time just watch where you're going ." I said with a huff and left.

"Dude, what was that?! He was totally checking you out!" Maria said, demanding an answer. "He spilled water all over my face, I didn't skip my study time to get drenched in water!" I exclaimed and took a seat on the nearest bench.

" And I didn't come all the way here to yelled at by some rude girl." The unknown boy sneered as he walked by.

Well isn't this a great way to begin my summer?

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys I want to thank all of you for taking interest in my book, I hope you all enjoy it.