Chapter 2

Four's POV

I go to the cafeteria and get mac n' cheese. I didn't really feel like eating. There was only a couple people in there, so Zeke and Uriah decided it was a good time to question me about why I was late to school. Since I have known them from the age of 6, I knew I could trust them about my father. They've known for 4 years. "What happened this morning? I know for sure that your car didn't break down." Uriah asked. "I didn't wake up early enough to make Marcus his breakfast, so I got into trouble. You know the usual." Zeke got really mad. He hated the fact that Marcus treated me this way. "Dude, he needs to grow a set of balls and quit being a dick. I mean how can he get kicks from that?" I look at him like he is crazy. "Why don't you ask him? I mean, I wouldn't know. I just know what happens. I told you it is because of when my mom died." Evelyn, my deceased mother, died when I was 5 years old, giving birth to her daughter. He just started to go deep into thought. "Hey look, it's that chick from homeroom." I look over and see the girl. She's so beautiful. She looks over at me and blushes a light shade of crimson. Christina is talking to her about something, and she seems really interested, "Well since the cafeteria is getting full, this conversation is over. I don't need it getting out." I told those two idiots. Christina and her got lunch and it seems that she likes mac n' cheese too. Zeke and Uriah were arguing who was hotter between the two. I swear their mother dropped them on their heads when they were younger. "Hi." I said to the girl. She looked at me with a small smile on her face and said," Hey, I'm Tris." Hmm... that must be a nickname. "Four." She just looked down at her food and smiled to herself. "OKAY EVERYONE! I'M PETER AS YOU WELL KNOW, AND I AM HAVING A PARTY TONIGHT AT MY HOUSE AND YOU'RE ALL INVITED!" scream the most annoying asshole in the world. We have been enemies since I can remember. "OMG! Tris you are so going!" She just looked at Christina like there is no way in hell she is going to that party. "Umm.. NO." I turned to her and whispered in her ear, "Don't fight it. She makes us all go." She sighed and said fine. "Oh, before I forget, this is Lynn, Shauna, Uriah, Zeke, Will, and Marlene." Everyone said hello and she replied with a small hi. She seems way to shy like me. I wonder why she is this way.

Tris's POV

I can't believe Four talked to me and that I have to go to some party. Like my parents are so not gonna like this one. I can barely go anywhere. I have my secrets too, and when they found out, they never treated me the same. Christina told me that I have too meet her at her house right after school to get started on getting ready for the party which starts a 8 pm. How long does it take to get ready? I only need 15 minutes. School goes by in a flash and next thing I know, I'm sitting in Christina's bathroom surrounded by makeup and hair products. I'm gonna die. First, she curls my hair, and puts it in a side pony tail. Then, she takes her time applying concealer, foundation, powder, eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara. Finally, she adds lipstick, I wasn't allowed to look until the 'end result' as she puts it. She tried to get me into a strapless dress, but I worked myself into a kinda showy shirt and jeans. Which is better than a dress. I take a look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. I have beautiful blue eyes that pierce through a smokey eye, and my lips shine with a vivid red. I couldn't believe it. I kinda look pretty. "Why even try Christina? I'll never look pretty." I said with a sigh. "Who cares about pretty. I'm going for striking." I just nodded and said thank you. Then she got started on herself. She straightened her hair and did a really dark smokey eye with bright pink lipstick. She put on a tight, black mini skirt and a blue tank top. She looked really pretty. "You look gorgeous!" "Thanks" She said. Then the doorbell rang, and she said the boys are here. "We better go." We run down the stairs to get the door and go to the party. Will and Four stand at the door. Will is wearing jeans and a polo while Four is wearing black skinny jeans with a white shirt and a leather jacket. He looked really hot. "Wow, Tris, you look amazing." I blushed a deep shade of crimson. "Oh... Um... Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." He just blushed and smiled. "Come on, let's go." I can tell by the way Christina looks at Will that she likes him, and she is probably upset cause all he did was stare at her and blush. I'll have to ask her if she likes him. We get into Zeke's car and go to the party.