Prologue

Prologue

••••••••••

I was finally on the train. I couldn't wait. And by the look on his face, Al was nervous, but very excited.

"Do you think I'm gonna be in Slytherin Rosie?" He finally asked, braking the silence.

"I dunno Al, I think you might be Gryffindor material," I said trying to cheer him up. I honestly did think this though.

"Thanks Rose, that's why you're my favorite cousin."

"No prob, Al," I muttered while I got my book and started reading.

Then the door opened. A boy with blonde hair and grey eyes was standing there.

"D-do you mind if I sit here?" he asked. "I'm Scorpius Malfoy, my dad told me about you guys. Potter and Weasley, right?"

This was Scorpius. Dad told me to beat him at every test, and not to get too friendly. He was....

"Sure, by the way, instead of 'Potter and Weasley' call me Albus or Al. That's Rose," Al said interrupting my train of thought.

"Hello," I said, not looking up from my book.

"Rosie put up your book," Al whined. Ugh, he was gonna start this book stuff again.

I put down my book and smiled.it was sarcastic.

Scorpius sat down next to me, and I blushed red, a trait from my father. I have no idea though why I blushed....

"Rosie? You in there? James is coming," Al said, but after I heard him mutter, "He'll have a fit when he sees Scorp, the little git."

"Hullo dear brother and cousin," James said, just as he caught sight of Scorpius. His face started turning red.

"Albus, Rose, why would you hang out with that git?"

"James, um, he's doing no harm!" Albus shouted.

Before they got into a big fight the trolley lady came. "Anything from the trolley, dears?"

"I-I-I'll take four chocolate frogs, two licorice wands, and some every flavor beans," Scorp said, the first one to say something.

She handed him the treats, and in exchange he gave her six sickles and two knuts.

"May I have every flavor beans, 6 chocolate frogs, and a licorice wand?" I asked politely.

She smiled. She handed me the treats and I gave her seven sickles and three knuts.

"Um, a pumpkin juice and three chocolate frogs," Albus said, still glaring at James.

She gave him the treats, as he gave her sickles and knuts.

"Nothing," James said coldly. He was mad at Albus.

When we finished eating James and Al started to fight.

"You! Hanging with a Malfoy! What are you thinking?"

"There is nothing wrong with him James!"

"Um, he's a Malfoy!"

"James, give up, please? For wittle Wosie?" I asked, I was his favorite cousin. I'm everyone's favorite!

"Fine. Rosie, I swear to Merlin, if you date him, you will be removed from the family. Got it?" He asked, and I nodded.

I do have to admit, Scorp was kinda cute. But dad said.... This was complicated.

"Sorry about James, Scorp. He is so bloody annoying. Ugh....," He groaned.

Al and I then told Scorpius about our family. He told us about his next. Wow, he was an only child with no cousins.... Then James walked in.

"Almost to Hogwarts. Ready to be a Slytherin, Al?"

"I can't believe him!" Al said, before sending me out so they could change. Then it was my turn.

By the time I was done we stopped. I just realized I was scared. What house would I be in?

Al, Scorp, and I got off and I heard Hagrid; "Firs' years! Firs' years o'er here! Hey Rose, Al. Parents okay?"

"Yes," I said, getting on a boat with Al, Scorp, and a girl.

"Hi, I'm Jill Thomas," she said.

"You're Dean Thomas' daughter, aren't you?" Albus asked. She nodded.

We got to the castle, which was beautiful by the way, and went inside.

"I'm Professor Longbottom, and I will lead you to your sorting. Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff!" Professor Longbottom (or Neville, as Al and I knew him by).

He lead us into a grand dining area called the Great Hall and he put down a stool and hat.

The hat sang a song, then everyone clapped and the sorting began.

"Ascon, Marley," Neville said.

"RAVENCLAW!" The hat shouted after a couple of seconds.

I didn't pay attention until Neville's daughter, Bailey, was called.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

I thought about what they all thought about their houses. It would be scary if they didn't like what they got.

The next name I heard was "Malfoy, Scorpius."

If he got into Slytherin, and I didn't he may not be my friend.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Oh no. I want to be friends but....

A couple Ravenclaws, a Hufflepuff, and two Gryffindors later Al was called.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Oh no! Now my best friend and cousin was in Slytherin. A part of me wished to be there too.

There were only two more names that I listened to. Jill was one, and and she was in Gryffindor. That was fine. All of a sudden my name was called.

"Weasley, Rose."

I walked up there and sat down.

"Another Weasley. You are daughter of Gryffindor's Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. You have your mothers brains, a perfect Ravenclaw, but I see braveness inside of you. An excellent Gryffindor. Hmm.... Better be--"

••••••••••••••••••

Tehehehee, a cliffhanger. Next chapter will be five years later, in their sixth year.