The Search

Kat

"Do you know where Ian is?" A tall, gorgeous blonde guy asks me. I am shocked he even talked to me and I stare at him for a second before answering. "The cellist?" I ask back. He sighs and nods. "I-uh saw him go through that door a minute ago. It is for performers only and it is pretty big back there." I ramble. He smiles and starts walking toward the door. I decide to follow, running after him trying not to trip on my dress. "Uhh I can help you find him if you want." I blurt while trailing behind him. He stops and faces me. "If you can help me find him before the concert then I will give you a kiss." He says and walks away with a smirk. I blush and speed walk behind him. We push through the door and are blinded by darkness. I follow my instinct and run my hand over the wall to find the light switch. "It's never been dark in here." I whisper and hit the jackpot. Lights flood the room and he blinks furiously to adjust to the lights. The room is full of costumes and stacked chairs.

We resume walking towards the door in the back and pass a mirror. My dyed brown hair is meticulously put into a perfect bun and red lipstick pops from my pale complexion. Blue eyes stare back at me from behind black rimmed glasses. "Are you coming?" The boy asks. I realize I was staring into the mirror and jolt forward toward him. "Of course, just checking on my hair." I lie and smile to hide the red spreading up my neck and cheeks. He pulls on the handle of the tall wooden door and holds it open for me to walk ahead. Dim lights show a small room with books lining the walls. Two small doors in the back reveal a men and a women's restroom. "Maybe he just went to the bathroom back here." I whisper out into the eerily silent room. The blonde boy walks around me and makes his way through the room without replying. Myself, I just awkwardly step to the left and look at the rows of beautiful books. My hand reaches for a golden binding and I pull the book out. "Fates and Furies." I mumble. Having never heard of the strange title I open the book and get the filling odor of the book. A smile spreads across my face at my favorite scent. Cinnamon and old book.
Knowing one of those things is not from the book I look up and notice for the first time the presence behind me. Turning, I see a boy about my age with dark hair neatly cut with bright blue eyes and a very young face. "Ian?" I ask and take a small step back. "Some boy was looking for you. He has blonde hair and dark eyes.." I babble watching him turn and begin walking away. Dumbfounded, I return the book to the shelf and speed walk to the exit.

Ian

I walk through the book room trying to find Taylor. How did that girl know my name? The bathroom door opens and I see him walk out. "Where have you been?" He asks angrily stalking to me and grabbing my left arm. "I got sick again, mum thinks it is my nerves." I tell him as he drags me through the rows of books. "You could have gone to the normal bathroom in the lobby." He practically snarls and throws open the door to the costume room. "I'm sorry, Taylor." I whisper and feel my arm start to tingle. I can feel the anger radiating heat back at me and his iron grip on my arm just confirms that he is absolutely pissed. We make it through the costume room before he let's go of my arm and turns back to me. "Do not leave my sight." He basically growls. I nod my head viciously and he turns back to the door and walks out. A sigh of relief escapes my lips and I stumble out the door after him. This concert is gonna be fun.

Kat

So I am sitting on my chair just outside of the large oak door that holds both Ian and the older boy, when I hear someone calling my name. I look up and see Kirsten motioning for me to come to the stage for dress rehearsal. "Coming." I yell and stand, careful not to step on my black dress. Slowly and steadily I make my way to the stage. "Who the hell was that cute blonde I saw you talking to earlier?" She asks with a raised eyebrow and a smile. Her neatly done eyebrows make me weary of my own. "I have no idea. He was looking for the adorable cellist." I tell her and run my hand through her soft black hair. She pushes my hand away with a laugh and pokes my forehead. "Dude, he is looking at you like he wants to jump your bones." She says and I scrunch my nose in confusion. "He is? Right now?" I ask and turn to find him staring right at me. I stare back and he doesn't even turn away. My head whips back around to Kirsten and she is looking wide-eyed back at me. "This is gonna be a fun concert." She whispers and turns toward the director, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Vote, comment, or DM me and let me know how you like it so I know if I should keep writing it guys😘