Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I go in the nursing home wich is named Ellies. I go inside Ellies and get in the elevator and go to floor 3, thats where my mom works. There are 6 floors and on every floor there are 10-15 nurses working. My mom has worked here since I was born so I know a lot of people here or well I say hi to them when I see them and they know my name and I know theirs. When I was younger I was here all the time, mostly because I didn‘t have anything else to do.  For the past 3 years now i‘ve just been going to Ellies when I‘m really bored and have wanted to visit but now that I‘ve got a part time job here over the summer I‘ll be spending a lot more time here with the lovely elderly people, I‘m fine with that.

My job is to work in the kitchen and serve the food to the elderly people in the meal breaks.

I go out of the elevator and go to the kitchen on floor 3. There I see Lisa, Joe and Margaret, they work in the kitchen and make the meals for the old people.

“Hmm“ Joe looks at his watch “The time is exactly 15:50 and that makes you 20 minutes late...on your first day!“ He says to me and laughs.

I knew he was just teasing me but I acted like I didn‘t know “Well..better late than never“ I say laughing.

“You‘re right Goldie!“ Joe has always called me Goldie since I first met him when I was about 6, he gave me that nickname because of my hair, he says it looks like gold but I don‘t agree with him, my hair is nothing special its just blonde and normal.

“Hi hunny!“ my mom says walking in to the kitchen

“Hey“ I said and went and hugged her.

Then she went back to whatever she was doing.

I took a piece of bread to eat and sat on the table in the middle of the kitchen

“Uhm, Joe..I‘m not going to work until its dinner, right?“ I say to him while he washes the dishes 

“Right! You were too late to serve at snack time“ He says while giving me a look

“I‘m so sorry! It won‘t happen again, I promise“ I say ashamed

Joe laughes “Its okay sweetie“..“Just don‘t be late for dinner!“

“I won‘t be, I‘m not going anywhere and I‘ll to my best at serving then“ I say smiling.

“Good“ Joe replies smiling. I really like Joe, he‘s so nice and caring.

I just sat there on the table for a while trying to find something to do and eating my bread until I decided to go look for my mom.

“Does any of you know where my mom went?“ I say

“I think she‘s watching the tv in the living room, she‘s always there“ Margaret says laughing while helping Joe with the dishes

“Yeah she‘s in the living room, I saw here go there“  Lisa says.

Lisa and Margaret are both amazing. I‘ve known Margaret also for 6 years like Joe but Lisa is new here, she started at the beginning of this year. Margaret is I think 54 years old and Lisa is in her 20s.

I go in the living room and see my mom sitting there on the couch eating an apple and watching tv, I sit beside her on the couch and watch the tv with her.

“Guiding light...really mom?“ I say laughing. This show is the worst.

“Its the best show!“ my mom replies with a sarcasm.

I roll my eyes and laugh.