Operation Mistletoe

Okay, so you all know your jobs correct?" Kelley asked Lauren, Amy and Sydney.

They were at the team's annual Christmas party. It's been a couple hours since it started and everyone had a few drinks in their systems. The girls decided they were tired of watching their friends and teammates Tobin and Alex dancing around their obvious feelings for each other. Everybody knew how they felt except for the two girls themselves. The mindless flirting and innocent touches made it seem like they were a couple. But they aren't. Not yet. But if it's up to Kelley, Lauren, Amy and Sydney, that will all change tonight.

"We've gone over the plan like ten times now Kel. I think we got it." Lauren said.

"Yeah. Lauren and I lead Tobin under the mistletoe while Syd does the same with Alex." Amy said in a monotone voice like she had heard it a thousand times. Which she had.

"Then we ditch them and you come up and point out the mistletoe." Syd said.

"Yupp! Then I also ditch them and leave the rest up to fait! There's no way they'll keep being oblivious to each other's love after tonight!" Kelley said, giddy and determined.

"I still don't think we should be interfering like this though. I mean what if we're wrong?" Lauren chimed in.

"There's no way we're wrong Chen. I mean we've all witnessed their loving glances, flirty comments, and innocent touches that they don't think anyone else sees. It's like they're the only two in the world when they're together." Kelley pointed out.

"I'm with Kelley. And they'll never grow a pair and admit it themselves. So we're giving them a little push." Syd said.

"Exactly! Now let's do this before it's too late!" Kelley said, and with that everybody separated and went to do their jobs.

On the one side of the room Lauren and Amy see Tobin talking to Ashlyn. They can tell it's about surfing so they don't worry about going up and interrupting.

"Hey Tobs, come with us, we want to exchange our gifts now!" Amy said with mock excitement.

"Can we do it in a couple minutes? Ash and I are having a very serious conversation right now?"

"You guys can finish your surfing talk later. Amy has to get Ryan to bed soon." Lauren said truthfully. The kid was basically sleep walking.

"Fine, we'll continue this later Ash." Tobin said as she grabbed her gifts and followed her fellow new kids. She followed them to the center of the room until the suddenly stopped.

"We'll be right back Tobs, we have to go get our gifts." Amy said, her and Lauren leaving an oblivious Tobin standing right under the mistletoe. Knowing nothing about the girls' true reasoning for leaving her there.

After a minute of standing there alone, Tobin sees Sydney and Alex walking towards her. She smiles at them as they walk up.

Meanwhile on the other side of the room, Syd walks up to a moping Alex.

"What's wrong my wittle baby horse?" Syd asked.

"Abby's retiring. What am I supposed to do without her?"

"Umm score goals with me duh! It can be like the good ole U-20 days Lex! Me and you kicking ass and scoring goals!"

"I guess, but she's my mentor."

"She can still be your mentor. Just your virtual mentor who you can call anytime you need to talk to her."

"Yeah I guess you're right."