Chapter 1: Offgaurd

It's November 18th 2097. Stuart woke up that morning with his wife Amy. They had a child named Samantha. They even had a service robot named SHA-12954, or as Stuart and his family called him, Shallow. Samantha was only an infant though.

Stuart got up and went to read the newspaper. The first topic was about the possibility of nuclear warfare.

"Do you think that there will actually be nuclear warfare?" Amy asked.

"No, every time they say there is a possibility of something it doesn't happen," Stuart responded.

Then the door bell went off.

"Hello?"

"Um, hello sir I need to speak with you."

Stuart opened the door.

"Hi, who are you."

"Oh, my names Tim, I work at Vault-Tech."

"Oh this again."

"Yes sir I'm here to tell you we have reserved a room for you in vault 111."

"Wait, what's Vault-Tech again?"

"Well our company builds these bomb shelters, aka Vaults, and we have a reserved room for you and your family. Not the robot though, I'm sorry."

"It's fine, better to be safe than sorry."

"Well then I'll need you to sign this paperwork please."

Stuart signed it and thanked the man. Then he went to check on Samantha.

"Sir, you should come see this!" Shallow yelled.

"There has been signs that there will be nuclear warfare through New York and Pennsylvania," the reporter said.

"Oh god, we need to get to the vault!" Stuart ordered.

Amy grabbed Samantha and they ran as fast as they could to the vault.