Be My Valentine

Long before Cam was even thought of, Sam and I had come up with a plan to surprise Dean one Valentine's Day. Since our son wasn't coming home anytime soon, this seemed like the perfect opportunity to put our plan in motion. The idea was that since Dean hadn't been on a date in years (since he was always taking care of Sam, myself, and now Cam), I was going to invite him to dinner as my date. Sam was going to spend the evening with our little boy, and we even got Dad and Marissa in on the plan. We were going to tell Dean that he was free from CJ duty for that night, that the four of us were going to spend Valentine's on a double date, and that Castiel would be his relief for that evening (don't worry...we forewarned Cas, just in case Dean tried to get any info out of him). In reality, Dad and Marissa were going to spend the evening at the hospital with Sam, but they rented me a limo for the night so Dean could be treated like the king he was. I packed an overnight bag with the dress I intended to wear that night and made my way downstairs. Sam, Dad, and Marissa had already left for the hospital, so it was just me and Dean. The limo was parked around the block, so I was going to tell Dean that I was walking to the hospital to meet everyone. "Hey princess," he said, seeing me walk down the stairs. "On your way to the hospital?" "I sure am," I replied. "Gonna take the long route, get some fresh air." "Do you really think that's a good idea considering what happened on my birthday?" Dean asked. "I brought protection this time," I told him. "I'll be fine, I promise. If not, you will be the first person I call." "You'd better," he said. "Give my little nephew lots of hugs and kisses from his Uncle Dean." "I will," I lied. "But before I go, Sam found this on the windshield of the car before he left." I handed Dean an envelope that contained a letter I had written from "a secret admirer". He opened it and read: "I have been admiring you from afar for a while now. I have tried several times to work up the courage to even say hi, but I'm one of those girls who fears rejection. In an attempt to woo you, please accept an invitation to join me for dinner at the Italian restaurant downtown. A limo will arrive at your house at 6 to take you there. Happy Valentine's Day. P.S. Wear your favorite suit." I looked down at my watch and said, "It's 5:30 now. You'd better get moving, lover boy." "How do I know it's not some monster trying to play games with my head?" Dean asked. "You'll never know if you don't give it a shot," I replied. "Besides, you're a hunter. You're always prepared for those situations." "Touche," Dean answered. "Be safe getting to the hospital. I'll see you later." I watched him head upstairs just before I left the house. Hopefully, he wouldn't be too mad at me and Sam for making him think he was actually meeting some other girl. I made my way around the block and to the limo. After I got in, I closed the door and locked it, then asked the limo driver to cover the inside window for a few moments so I could change into my dress. When I had finished dressing, applying makeup and doing my hair, I checked my watch again. 5:45. Knowing that it would only take about 5 minutes to get to the house, I poured two glasses of wine and asked the driver to put on some classic rock (Dean's favorite). "Are we ready to go, miss?" the driver asked. "We have about 10 minutes," I replied. "The house is only 5 minutes from here." "I can drive around for a little while, find a longer route, and still get you there in time," he smiled. "That would work," I responded. "Thank you." I sat back and enjoyed the music while we drove around, killing time. We pulled up to the house at 6 on the dot, and I watched as Dean locked up the house behind him and came walking toward the limo. My stomach was in knots, thinking he was going to blow a fuse when he saw me in that back seat instead of some mystery girl who didn't exist. He opened the door, looked my way, and I waited with baited breath. "You look amazing," he said, smiling, as he took a seat next to me and closed the door. "You knew, didn't you?" I asked. "I knew I wasn't cut out to be an actress." "You weren't the one who gave it away," Dean replied. "You were very convincing. My brother, on the other hand, isn't." "Sam told you?" I was shocked. "It was mostly his idea and it was supposed to be a surprise." "For what it's worth, I am mainly to blame," he said. "I annoyed him continuously until he gave up the details. You two have not really spent a Valentine's Day apart since you met." "Now that you mention it, that's very true," I agreed. "Guess we can't fool you. I hope you enjoy your night anyway, though. I don't get dressed up for just anyone." He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "This night is already going great. I'm in a limo with a beautiful woman on my way to get real Italian food. Add in some pie, and this night will be awesome." I laughed. "You obviously didn't go into the kitchen at all today. I baked three kinds of pie for you tonight." "Sammy is so lucky he found you first," Dean said. "You sure you don't have any other sisters out there that you might not know about?" He winked at me, then told the driver, "Let's go get some food." The rest of the evening was spent talking about Sam, CJ, some of the craziest hunts the boys ever went on, and reminiscing about the man Dean admired most (his dad). When we finally made it back to the house, I was feeling a little too good (I polished off almost a whole bottle of wine by myself), so Dean had to carry me inside. He thanked the limo driver for his services and carried me into the living room, laying me down on the couch. He knelt down beside me and asked, "Do you feel sick at all, princess? Do I need to get you a bucket?" "Nah," I replied. "I'm alright. Just a little tired." He covered me with a blanket and put a pillow behind my head. "Thank you for tonight," he said with a smile. "This was the best Valentine's Day I've ever had." "You do so much for us, we had to do something special for you," I told him. "We love you, Dean." "I love you guys too," he replied. He leaned over and kissed my cheek, so I returned the gesture along with another hug. "Go have some pie," I said, right before passing out for the night.