Take A Bow

A random idea that popped in my head. I will start writing my last will while you guys read this because I know you will be murdering me in your thoughts. I apologize in advance. And you can totally blame the playlist of the FM station Manong FX driver was listening to while I was on my way home.

This one came from my pessimist self. Sorry. Most of the time it wins over.

(@sereace please don't kill me. Alam ko emotional ka today, pero syempre if I don't write this down, it will just disappear sayang naman.)

---

In Which It Didn't Happen The Way People Thought It Did

But you put on quite a show

Really had me going

But now it's time to go

Curtain's finally closing

That was quite a show

Very entertaining

But it's over now

Go on and take a bow

"Pati ako pwede mo na rin iuwi" And the crowd went wild. I'm pretty sure those driving along EDSA can hear the screams. I'm happy that they are happy. It is, after all, the reason why we do this work, to make them happy.

After a few banters and a closing spiel, it's done. My Sunday is done. While I have been working nonstop for the past couple of months, I haven't really done a live show for seven days straight. I don't know how he does it. Sure it's fun, but it's tiring. You have to believe the people who say that comedy is far more difficult than drama. And no matter how much they tell me I'm a natural, it's still difficult and tiring.

Because after the curtain closes (or the truck blows that annoying horn), we are all back to reality. Back to the next interview/shoot/taping that needs to be done, back to the same insecure self, back to the regular beats of our hearts.

"Grabe sya, di mo na naman ako in-orient!", he told me. He's laughing but I know that he's also tired. He's been at this nonstop for months already. Granted, he had a head start of a few years than me but it's the same kind of katawang lupa that gets tired when pushed too hard.

"Idea yun ni Je, sya ang sisihin mo. Sige, bihis lang ako ng makauwi na. Bye! See you tomorrow." I gave him our signature wave as a goodbye to which he just laughed as a reply. I turned my back to head to the dressing room because I really do want to get out of here already. Not just to rest but also to give my head and my heart a time to recuperate. I quickly changed back to the dress that I wore on the way here. O wag kayong maarte, I only wore it for an hour or so, there is no need to add up to the big pile of laundry our maid has in the house if I only need to wear this an hour more on the way home.

Stepping out of the room, I heard it. Them.

"O ano yung nabasa ko na umiyak ka daw?"

"Wala yun, we just had a talk. And she just assured me that what is real, stays real. Naiyak lang ako kasi it's hard keeping this bottled up. It's not easy to have everyone against me, you know? Buti na lang mabait sya, at hindi sya nagta-take advantage."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen, it just did. I'm grateful for it but I don't want you to suffer because of it too. I want to say that it will get easier but I'm not sure of that. All I'm sure of is me. And I assure you this is still me."

He gave her a tender kiss on the forehead and a hug. You know that kind where he puts his hand at the back of your head as a protective gesture? That kind of hug. But this one I'm seeing is tighter. And real.

Oo nga pala, tapos na ko dito. Uuwi na ko.

How about a round of applause

A standing ovation

---

@sereace Pakitawagan na yung kamag-anak ko na may-ari ng funeral parlor. Pakisabi gusto ko smoky eyes. Short lang to kasi hindi ko rin pala kaya. Sorry na...