Chapter 4

Amy' POV

On our way home, Dad decided to cancel our plan for fishing. I totally agreed with him. I mean c'mon, it's super cold and windy outside and I already caught a cold.

"Hachuu!" I sneeze.

"Are you alright, dear?" Mom asked.

"Yah. I am alright." I replied.

Anyway, I was driving pretty fast and dad was like, "Well, Miss Amy Rachel Walker, I think we are not in a race. So, can we slow down a bit?" I smiled in response. After a few minutes, I drove into our driveway.

After we entered our house, I straight went upstairs and into my bathroom because after all that happened today, I am so tired and need a long and relaxing bath.After I got out, I started to blow dry my hair. That's when I heard mom shouting,

"Amy, lunch is served!" I continued to do whatever I was doing. And once I was finished blow drying my hair, I went downstairs to find mom waiting for me.

"Mom, you were waiting for me?" I asked.

"I think that is quite obvious, right?" She said in a sarcastic tone.

I just rolled my eyes and went to sit in my chair.

"I haven't heard about Ryan lately, is everything alright, honey? Dad questioned. I am almost choked on hearing Ryan's name.

"You don't seem alright, Amy," Mom said. "Is there anything wrong between you two?"

"N-No! Everything's fine. He is just a little busy nowadays, that's it." I replied lying.

"Oh! I see." Dad said and continued to eat his food.

"Thank Goodness!" I muttered to myself. "They don't have the slightest idea of the current situation"

I quickly finished my meal and was about to head upstairs when mom stopped me saying, "Some guests are coming over, help me put those boxes away" Mom said pointing to some wooden boxes on the hallway.

"But dad's there to help you out." I said.

"He is going out with his friends" Mom replied.

I had no choice but to help mom and that's what I did. It took around 20 minutes to move those boxes. Those boxes were so heavy, I wonder what's inside. Anyway, here I am throwing all of my clothes out of my wardrobe looking for something that would make a good impression on my guests as mom said I have to wear something 'nice' in front of them. Finally, I found a 'nice' dress. It was black dress with polka dots and white belt around the waist.

Picture of my 'nice' dress:

Mom had gifted me this dress last fall

Mom had gifted me this dress last fall. It was pretty long back then but now it's just perfect.

After I got changed, I started to put on some makeup. I was applying the mascara when I heard the door bell ring. "I guess they're here'" I said. I quickly closed the mascara and went to receive the door. I opened the door and saw that it was EMMA.