Chapter 1

I wake up.

That dream. That dream was so realistic. It felt as if it was actually happening.

My mother.

I remember her beautiful eyes, her sweet smile, her curly brown hair which she passed down to me as well. I remember everything. I remember everything about her and I miss her. I miss the way her eyes sparkled when she smiled, I miss how she use to make me chocolate chip pancakes in the mornings for breakfast, I miss her plaiting my long hair, I miss her. God, I miss her so much.

She was such a good person. Why did she have to go so soon? She didn't deserve it.

My 6th birthday was my last memory of her. The next morning of my birthday, she left to go to my grandmother's house to pick up something she left there the previous night. I was happy that day. Too bad the happiness didn't last.

Later that day, my dad got a phone call. It was my mom. My dad dressed me quickly and we left the house. We went to a hospital. I kept asking what was happening, where was mum, what was wrong with her, but no one answered me and I kept crying. I knew she was in trouble though. The hospital and the stressed looks on everyone's faces made that pretty obvious.

We went home the next day. When we got home, my dad sat me down. I still remember how his usually smiling brown eyes was sad and dark that day, tears filling his eyes as he continued talking, trying to explain the situation about my mother to me. He said she went "away" and won't be back for a long time, but I knew.

She died.

But you know that typical parent shit. Where they sugar coat everything and try to make it seem as if it's not really that bad even if it's the worst news you could possibly receive in your life. That's just how parents are when you're a little kid. You don't quite understand anything that's happening.

Of course I had millions of questions piling up in my little head. What happened? How did it happen? Why did it happen? But my questions remained unanswered for another eight years.

When I was 14, which was 3 years ago, my dad finally decided to answer the questions that had stuck in my brain for 8 years.

Turns out, it was a drunk driver. Shocker. The asshole ran a stop light and smashed right into my mom.
She died instantly. The crash was way too intense and the damage was even worse... to her.
The asshole survived.

I always thought it was unfair. It was so unfair. A simple man who had way too much to drink, got into his car, intentionally, disobeying the road laws and drove like a maniac, and he killed someone because of his stupid actions. He killed my mother. My fucking mother. And he didn't give a shit! Why is it that the one that causes the pain and misery always gets away? Completely fine, unaffected by the damage they've caused. It's unfair. They deserve to suffer too. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true. Why do they get away?

Who knew one, single, ordinary man could cause so much trouble, so much pain to an entire family. Family, friends, colleagues, anyone. Who knew one accident could lead to such chaos.

After being told the truth of my mother's death, I didn't speak, I barely ate and I never left the house. I became insanely thin and my dad would always try to get me to eat but I always refused, coming up with new excuses each time. I didn't leave the house for anything, not even school. And it continued like that for months.

Eventually, I gathered enough strength to actually get up after months of crying and being depressed passed. I started school again, I was way behind, but the teachers understood and helped me out. I also started therapy and it helped quite a bit.

I will always live with a constant reminder that my mother was taken away from me by a drunk driver, but you will always find the strength to put your broke pieces back together and you learn to continue and get over it.

Of course I still hurt, my heart constantly aching at my loss, but I've learned to live with that constant pain.

***

Suuuup y'all.
Chapter 1 done! Hope you liked it! If you are actually giving this story a chance, then I thank you. Thank you very much.
I'm sorry it seems kinda cliché but I promise it'll get better.
Please just don't give up on me yet.

Vote pls!
Thanks beauts xxx