Chapter 2: Slight Crush

The dinner ended smoothly, contrary to what I expected. The Park family wasn't that bad comparing to the ones we've had dinner before. Overall, the night was fine and was actually worth the time. My parents decided to book a hotel since dad wanted to drink with Mr. Park, and he probably couldn't be able to drive.

Wandering around the luxury hotel unfortunately made me feel the lowest of the low. I felt undeserving to be standing here, knowing we are just an average family and I wasn't a luxurious type of girl to begin with.

As I was walking through the hotel, I spotted a bar not far away from the restaurant. I decided to stop by since my shoes were already killing my feet. As much as I wanted to leap, I tried to walk to the bar as normal as possible.

The bar wasn't crowded, unlike the ones my mind pictured.

Taking a seat down on one of the bar stools, I turned around towards the counter. The bartender walked up in front of me and waited for my request.

"Can I have a cranberry cocktail, alcohol free?" I demanded, giving him a slight smile.

"Definitely," He responded with a smile back, and proceeded to make my cranberry juice.

I leaned my chin on the top of my hand as I waited for my beverage to be served. For the third time this night, I heaved a sigh.

"Excuse me, can I have a glass of gin?" Someone not far from my right spoke, making me turn my head around to where the voice came from.

It was my sister's fiancé, Park Jimin.

I was about to call him, but I stopped myself when I noticed two guys approaching his way. They were also wearing formal clothes, one wearing a black tuxedo with a white dress shirt under it and the other one wearing a red velvet tux with a white dress shirt which was unbuttoned on the top.

They ordered the same thing and sat right beside Jimin. I tried my best not to let them notice me.

The bartender then served me the cocktail glass filled with cranberry juice I ordered. I grabbed it and gulped it down, slowly.

"Are you sure you're going to marry her?" I heard one of his friends asked, in a disbelieving tone. My eyes looked to side, watching them talk as I continued to sip on my beverage.

The bartender served them three glasses of gin as they individually took their own.

Jimin drank his drink in one gulp, emptying the glass and returning it for another fill.

One of his friends let out a laugh, "Considering the look on his face, I don't think he even knows." His friend said, a sly smile etched onto his face.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop on their conversation, but the topic they were tackling really got my attention. It was rude to listen to someone else's conversation, but a part of me wanted to know what his answer will be.

Jimin had a sneer on his face as he grabbed another glass of gin served on the counter. "I love her, okay? I think that's one enough reason why I want to marry her." He responded, sounding a little hesitant.

I smiled bitterly.

Ji Hee is one lucky girl. She could get any guy she likes, but she never lasted with one of her boyfriends before, not even for a month. Knowing her, I'm aware of how fond she is of guys. I couldn't even count on my fingers of how many men's heart got broken by her. She gained a reputation of dating guys after their looks and dropping them like trashes if she gets tired.