Chapter 5: Crushing on Jimin

With a straw squeezed in between my lips, I glanced thoroughly at the man in front of me. I couldn't deny the fact that I was highly captivated by his beauty. He could be cute sometimes, but his aura was really screaming 'hot'.

Not long ago, I kept wondering where the hell did my sister pick up such a fine man, whereas I myself had been struggling to find a match all these years.

I broke out of trance when I realized that I already emptied my drink, and I was sipping on nothing anymore. We had been in the café for two hours now. I shook the cup, watching the pieces of ice smash against each other. And all of a sudden, not being able to control it, I burped out loudly than I should, making me cover my mouth quickly in embarrassment, "Excuse me," I said, my voice muffled.

Jimin smiled at that, and I could hear him laugh slightly, "That was cute," he commented.

In an instant, I felt my heart jump inside my chest. Never have I ever heard someone tell me I burp cutely.

"Oh, come on, it wasn't." I tried to deny as I smiled out of awkwardness and turned my head to the side, only to find out that the rain was already pouring hard outside. "It's raining... I think we should go home now," I said.

Jimin cocked his head to the side, "Right. It will be hard to drive if the rain gets worse, come on." He stood up from his chair and dropped his empty drink on the table.

We exited the café together, and I remembered I forgot my umbrella at my apartment, and it felt as if I failed as a woman. I tilted my head as I noticed that Jimin was taking off his coat.

"Wear this, it's cold," he said, handing me his coat. I was shaken by his gentleman move, so I stared at it for a moment, and Jimin chuckled in amusement, "are you gonna wear this or I'll put it on you? Choose."

I sniggered out, snatching the coat off his hand, "Thanks," I said, slipping in his black coat that smelled so good, and I only earned a laugh from him.

"Just wait here, and I'll get the car," he advised, and before I could speak, he ran off through the rain to where his car was parked.

I suddenly felt guilty that I used his coat, thinking that he could use it to shield his head from the rain, but aside from the guilt that I felf, I could feel that tingling sensation in my chest again.

"This is bad. Am I crushing on him?" I muttered under my breath, shaking my head to brush away my thoughts.

A sigh emitted from my lips as I looked straight ahead, only to see his car approaching my direction.

I watched him get off his car as he walked towards me with an umbrella on his hand. As I was looking at him, I realized... I was indeed crushing on him.

He moved the umbrella under my head to get me shielded, "Let's go?" He offered his arm for me to lean on, and I linked mine onto his.

"You're soaking wet," I said, my eyes on his clothes, and then glossed up to his hair.

Jimin laughed, "I'm okay, don't worry," he assured me, and we started walking towards his car. I could feel the water dripping down his white polo as my grip tightened around his arm.

Once we arrived next to his vehicle, he opened the door for me and made sure that I got in, without me getting wet. I honestly liked it when he does things like that, but at the same time I hated it, because I was getting weird feelings.

Just like lately, the ride was silent, and I was just looking by the window, watching the rain pour harder than it was. I secretly looked at Jimin and noticed that his face was so wet, and the water wouldn't stop dripping down his hair.

I rummaged through my bag to get my towel and let him borrow it. It was the least thing I could do for him.

I turned to face him and offered my towel, "Here, wipe yourself with this and get dry," I said, waiting for him to accept it.

He refused to take the towel and kept his gaze steady on the road. "No, it's okay. I have a handkerchief in my pocket."

I heaved a sigh and said, "Are you gonna take this or I'll wipe your face and hair dry? Choose." I copied the way he spoke to me earlier, and I earned a very genuine laugh from him.

"I'm driving," he said, his smile never faltered.

I bent a little forward to him as I used my towel to gently wipe his face dry, and then I rubbed the towel through his hair. "There," I piped.

With a smile, he spared me a quick glance and said, "Thank you."

-

It only took fifteen minutes of ride before we finally reached my sister and I's apartment. Jimin halted the car in front of the building as he waited for me to step out. But I didn't want him to go looking like that, knowing his clothes were soaking wet.

"Don't you want come in? I'll put your clothes in the dryer," I suggested, and I noticed that Jimin seemed to like the idea.

He nodded his head and said, "Sure, sounds great." His reply left confused, thinking what was so fun about drying clothes.

Jimin and I both stepped out from his car, and he made sure that its doors are locked by clicking one of the buttons on his mini remote.

Unlocking the security keypad, my apartment door opened, and I turned on the lights before coming inside. I gestured Jimin to walk in, as he obliged and removed his shoes.

"Go wait for me over there," I said and pointed my index finger to the couch, "and also, put your clothes in the basket somewhere in the room."

Jimin hummed in response as he started to walk up towards the couch, and I went to the laundry room to prepare the dryer. I searched for some of my dad's spare clothes for Jimin, and I spotted a plain white shirt and a long, nike shorts.

"I guess these will do," I mumbled to myself as I hung the clothes on my arm, walking back to the living room to check on Jimin and deliver him the clothes.

"Jimin, are these oka-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when a half naked Jimin flashed before me. My eyes widened in surprise, my jaw was left hanging, I was completely in daze. It wasn't my first to see a shirtless man, but I had to admit...

Jimin looked like a five star meal.

"Oh, thank you, Y/N," said Jimin, who was literally wearing no shirt. He came up to me and took the clothes out of my hand.

"For what?" I ignorantly asked, still dazed by the outstanding view in front of me.

I only broke out of my trance when I heard the security keypad unlocked, and the clicking of the heels on the floor.

Clueless of what to do, I panicked a little. But even before I could move away from Jimin, who was literally standing in front of me, shirtless, my sister had already seen us.

"Jimin, Y/N... what are you guys doing?"