Chapter 24 || Don't Worry, This Isn't The End

(I took that picture yay^^^)
Guess that one week turned into a month and a half... Oops? sO THIS IS THE END OF THIS STORY, BUT NOT THE END OF THE WHOLE STORY. THE SEQUEL WILL BE POSTED WHENEVER I FINISH IT BECAUSE I WANT TO HAVE IT WRITTEN OUT WHEN IM UPDATING AND NOT FEEL THE PRESSURE OF WRITING FOR A DEADLINE SO WITHOUT FURTHER A DUE, I PRESENT TO YOU, THE FINAL CHAPTER OF MEINE SONNENSCHEIN.

I hope you all are doing great and enjoyed this story as much I enjoyed writing it.
Adventure's not over yet kiddos! :)

The week passed far too quickly for my liking. There just wasn't enough time. It seemed that the universe was in a hurry. Or was that just me?

Besides Bastian and Manuel, everyone had left on the evening of the first night, leaving the four of us to shit around for the rest of our holiday. Or whenever they had to go back to training. I can't say we didn't enjoy ourselves, because we did, but it seemed every time laughter would erupt in the room or smiles would spread like wildfire, there would be a voice in the darkest corner of my mind yelling at me to stop what I was doing. It's like my brain didn't want me to enjoy my precious time with Thomas. I'd find my smile faltering or my laughter quieting, because it really isn't fun when someone's telling you to shut the fuck up and you're the only person that can hear them. Thankfully, the nature was a nice distraction. The lake was declared cold and untouchable by Basti who had dipped a toe in the water before running away claiming something had touched him. Knowing Thomas, horses were definitely involved in our daily activities. All I can say is saddle burn starts to really hurt on the 5th day.

And yet, every time Thomas and I were left alone, I seemed to be purposely picking fights with him, as if him hating me would actually make all of this easier. Nothing could make this easy, because it's fucking hard to come to terms with the fact that you can't be with the love of your life anymore. The tournament was over, so was summer, and with the last rays of sunshine would be my departure.

####

"Are you sure about this?"

"Of course not!"

"Then why are we doing this?"

"Because, I can't do it alone"
Bastian sighed in exasperation, looking out the window as planes arrived and departed. His blond hair was a mess and bags hung from his blue eyes.

"Why was I stupid enough to entangle myself in this mess?" he muttered to himself, throwing me a worried look.

"I don't know." I replied, wondering why he had ever agreed on this. It was only last week that he had been telling me not to abandon my life here and now he had helped me with my suitcases and jumped into the cab with me as we drove to the airport in the middle of the night.

"We're going to get into so much shit for this," Basti said to no one in particular, running a hand through his messy blond hair.

"We aren't. Hans told me you won't be playing till October at the latest. Maybe even November. No one's getting into any kind of shit," I told him, my hand unwillingly fiddling with the charm around my neck.

"Let me get this straight. Thomas gives you a gift to remind you of his undying love, we celebrate the World Cup, you two spend a week being adorable and touchy-feely, and now we're fleeing the country like fugitives. Did I miss something?" Basti asked, leaning back in his seat at the waiting area beside out gate.